The Best $10 I Have Ever Spent On Console Gaming

I recently purchased a WiiU Pro Controller, and I had stumbled across a few comments about how the controller itself was perfect except for what some perceived to be as "slippery" analog sticks. One person said the way he took care of that was to purchase grips for the sticks themselves.

I had never heard of an analog stick grip, went to Amazon and searched for them, and sure enough there they were. After looking at a few different options, all between the price range of $3-$6 dollars for just two pairs, I stumbled across the following.

NEW 9 Pairs X Thumbstick Stick Grip Case

for PS4 Playstation 4 Xbox 360 PS2 PS3 Controller Gampad Joystick--9 Colors Wholesale Pack

on Amazon

If you can get over some of the awful colors, they are pretty damn great overall. The only controller they seem to not be the best on, but they still work no doubt, is the XBox One controller, and that is only because it's analog sticks tops are smaller than other controllers.

But really they do provide a bit more grip, and they also protect the analog sticks from any wear and tear, etc., which although I have not had it myself, some people have reported issues with the Dualshock 4.

I only have 2 pairs left out of the 9. I outfitted 7 of my controllers with these, and I even used the Pink ones.  :laugh:

Seems like such a small stupid thing.

• Like 3

I don't have that particular item, but I did buy similar grips for all of my console controllers (ps3,360, wii).  They were great.

I haven't gotten any for my ps4 or x1 mostly because I have been pleased with how they feel and I wanted spend time with them without changing anything.  I'll probably pick some up soon though, just so I can protect them from wear.

don't have that particular item, but I did buy similar grips for all of my console controllers (ps3,360, wii).  They were great.

I haven't gotten any for my ps4 or x1 mostly because I have been pleased with how they feel and I wanted spend time with them without changing anything.  I'll probably pick some up soon though, just so I can protect them from wear.

Yeah this was initially really just for the WiiU Pro Controller, but I decided to use them on all to preserve them, and I actually like the little grip they do provide.

might give this a go, my x360 controller thumbstick have been replaced so many times do to wear and tear  :laugh:

Seriously if you have that issue alot this $10 will be money well spent and will save you your controllers. Even if you go through 1 pair of these fairly quickly, you will still have 8 other pairs to go. The color choice just might get a little bright towards the end. :D  A great investment for a $40-ish controller I would say. 

• Like 1

Sometimes, the simplest things make all the difference. Its a humbling lesson. Nice find, my man!

• Like 1

Good idea, do they work on the Wii U gamepad? Nintendo has good hardware but they need to learn from their two buddies that analogs need to have deeper grooves or something for traction. Both PS4 and X1 nailed it this time, the ones on the gamepad are not pronounced enough. I assume if these attachments work on the Wii U pro controller they'd be fine for the gamepad too, right?

Good idea, do they work on the Wii U gamepad? Nintendo has good hardware but they need to learn from their two buddies that analogs need to have deeper grooves or something for traction. Both PS4 and X1 nailed it this time, the ones on the gamepad are not pronounced enough. I assume if these attachments work on the Wii U pro controller they'd be fine for the gamepad too, right?

You know I completely did not see if they would work on the WiiU GamePad. Will check at some point this weekend and report back. Probably even tonight.

• Like 1

and I even used the Pink ones.  :laugh:

Does it make you feel pretty, Larry?  :rofl:

I have bought a few off these in varying designs and I find some are really good while other just make the sticks even more difficult to use.

You know I completely did not see if they would work on the WiiU GamePad. Will check at some point this weekend and report back. Probably even tonight.

I took 2 of my existing grips and tried them on the gamepad, no dice. The grips are too big for the sticks.

Thanks for the update complex

Yep sorry same. WiiU GamePad stick tops are to small.

• Like 1

That's odd, they look totally the same to me, but i guess they were designed different, gamepad being more of a portable analog stick design to save space/weight.