Windows 7 live icons

I'm having a problem with my live icons.

What I am trying to do is change the size of the images that are generated by the contents of a folder for the live icon of that folder. Is there a way to do that. Or is there a way to disable live icons for folders but keep live icons for images?

Okay, When you have live icons enabled in windows 7, it generates a small thumbnail of image, video and text files. It will also use these images to create a live icon for the folder in which they reside. I want to either turn that off, pr change the size of the parts windows automatically generates

145347-live-icons.jpg

Those are live Icons. I want to change the size of the pictures in the folders.

Oh, sorry, I don't know how to do that, (I'm not 100% sure it's possible, but I could be wrong)

You can change the size of the folder itself, but something Romero said got me wondering, you're sure you want to know about win 7 right, as that screenshot does look like vista..

Here's mine

post-354816-0-65319200-1395367261.jpg

resized folders

post-354816-0-34970200-1395367392.jpg

Change thumbnail size how exactly? You can increase icon size as a whole but I don't think it's possible to meddle with the folder preview thumbnails Windows automatically generates. I also don't think it's possible to turn off folder preview thumbnails while keeping image thumbnails active.

Edit: Are you sure you have Win7? That looks like Vista to me.

• Like 1

Okay, When you have live icons enabled in windows 7, it generates a small thumbnail of image, video and text files. It will also use these images to create a live icon for the folder in which they reside. I want to either turn that off, pr change the size of the parts windows automatically generates

145347-live-icons.jpg

Those are live Icons. I want to change the size of the pictures in the folders.

I don't quite understand what you want to do, but if you make an image called folder.jpg inside the folder, Windows will use that image as the folder image, keeping the aspect ratio/relative size of the original image used in folder.jpg

It is possible to disable it but you will have to edit the registry.

Or you can use icon/folder software which you can easily replace the folders with your own choice.

It is possible to disable it but you will have to edit the registry.

I'm interested in knowing this too, i.e. how only folder thumbnails can be turned off. Please share the reg edits required.

I'm interested in knowing this too, i.e. how only folder thumbnails can be turned off. Please share the reg edits required.

You can only turn all thumbnails off; i.e. folders and files both lose the thumbnail ability, not just folders. 

In Folder Options, go to the View tab. Under advanced settings, select "Always show icons, never thumbnails". 

• Like 1

You can only turn all thumbnails off; i.e. folders and files both lose the thumbnail ability, not just folders.

Yeah, mentioned that myself above, but shozilla's claim piqued my interest.