assassins creed: unity ubisoft montreal pc ps4 xbox one

54 replies to this topic

#46 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,403 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 12 June 2014 - 11:10

Think of it like the movie the last warrior, where the Vikings spoke Norwegian(ish) and gradually turned into English as he learned the language, to illustrate they still spoke Norwegian(they should have spoken Norse anyway, which is close to Icelandic) but he understood and spoke it now. After all he should have spoken Arabic not English himself :p   so they do speak French, you just happen to speak French to :)

#47 nyolc8

nyolc8

Neowinian

• 731 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 520

Posted 12 June 2014 - 14:09

Oh god I need a new computer for this... It looks so epic.

#48 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

• 10,466 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 00:55

Think of it like the movie the last warrior, where the Vikings spoke Norwegian(ish) and gradually turned into English as he learned the language, to illustrate they still spoke Norwegian(they should have spoken Norse anyway, which is close to Icelandic) but he understood and spoke it now. After all he should have spoken Arabic not English himself :p   so they do speak French, you just happen to speak French to :)

The 13th Warrior? Oh no why did you mention that, it was one of the most cringe-worthy scenes in movie history :x "i can speak your language now!" out of nowhere, Vikings all look at Banderas like he's nuts. That should be a meme, somehow.  

Though that is basically anime logic...but why British English? Guess the operator is from the UK? That's something Ubi didn't address. Is this still even in the animus? Then who is the operator? Hope it's someone like the person from Black Flag, silent protagonist is a cliche, but at least it meant more room for Ed Kenway, who was awesome.

#49 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,403 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:23

Well he did learn it through months, possibly years of sailing. Viking "raids" where very long affairs.

#50 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

• 10,466 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:36

Well he did learn it through months, possibly years of sailing. Viking "raids" where very long affairs.

Hahaha yeah that was the intention, and how it was in the book. But in the movie it was hilarious, just sitting round the fire - "i can speak your language now" hahaha. Awesome.

#51 vetMathachew

Mathachew

Wise beyond my youth... that's what she said!

• 11,245 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 01:41

Hahaha yeah that was the intention, and how it was in the book. But in the movie it was hilarious, just sitting round the fire - "i can speak your language now" hahaha. Awesome.

Actually wasn't it, "I listeeeeeened"?

Edit: Man, been a good 15 years or so since I saw this movie and I was right, though not as drawn out as I originally thought. (2:48 mark)

#52 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

• 10,466 posts

Posted 13 June 2014 - 02:14

Actually wasn't it, "I listeeeeeened"?

Edit: Man, been a good 15 years or so since I saw this movie and I was right, though not as drawn out as I originally thought. (2:48 mark)

Hahaha this is great, thanks for posting! :D I remembered it wrong, this is even better, though they do try to make it seem like it took him quite a while to learn the language.

Maybe i should use the magic Martian water scene from 2012's John Carter instead as an example? :rofl:

#53 dipsylalapo

dipsylalapo

Neowinian

• 1,112 posts
  • Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 15 July 2014 - 08:02

New trailer released last night. 

#54 Razorwing

Razorwing

Rocket

• 15,200 posts
  • Phone: HTC One

Posted 23 July 2014 - 13:52

#55 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• 18,449 posts
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 23 July 2014 - 19:07

I like what I see out of this next AC game, I'll be getting it for sure when the time comes but one thing I just have to bring up, the whole facial animation bit, "never before done".  Yeah that's BS, it's like they forgot LA Noire exists.