assassins creed: unity ubisoft montreal pc ps4 xbox one

65 replies to this topic

#61 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• 18,954 posts
  • Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 16 August 2014 - 12:35

I like what I see, good that they're dropping any idea of linear missions, just tell me who I have to kill and let me do it my own way, like hitman.  It was good to hear in the little gameplay video that there's lots of different ways into that place, etc.

#62 Razorwing

Razorwing

Rocket

• 15,295 posts
  • Phone: HTC One

Posted 17 August 2014 - 17:37

I kinda want to know more about Co-Op. tbh. 

#63 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• 18,954 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:57

I kinda want to know more about Co-Op. tbh. 

Co-Op in this should be very interesting now because think about it, if every mission is a big sandbox and you can get into places from multiple points etc then you could, in theory, have each person doing his/her own thing and have a coordinated plan of attack going on.   Way more interesting then just playing through a mission that's very linear with friends.

#64 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 21,659 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:12

On the other hand the biggest critic against the first two games was that they where non non linear so everything was the same. every sandbox needs some linearity to it to build the story and bind it together to not make everything an mmo like grind 

#65 Razorwing

Razorwing

Rocket

• 15,295 posts
  • Phone: HTC One

Posted 18 August 2014 - 18:43

Co-Op in this should be very interesting now because think about it, if every mission is a big sandbox and you can get into places from multiple points etc then you could, in theory, have each person doing his/her own thing and have a coordinated plan of attack going on.   Way more interesting then just playing through a mission that's very linear with friends.

Well that's the thing, is it kinda like Gears? Where you can play through the whole story with others or are only some selected missions that are co-op only? From what the video told me they give you a target and you can approach the target however you want. It's still linear in a way that you have to kill said target to move on forward with the story, I don't really have a problem with that as long as I can plan it with my friends to kill that one target. I really hope it's jump in 4 player co-op. If it' selected missions that are co-op that wouldn't really be next-gen of game play imo. 

#66 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• 18,954 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 20:36

If it has any story to it at all it's going to be a bit linear, but I hardly think of a game saying kill so and so or do this and that anyway you want as being linear.  I play for the story anyways so I don't mind this, otherwise you're just left with a generic MMO type RPG or something.