Far Cry 4 - releasing November 18

I'm glad that they keep changing the setting, as that certainly helps to keep the game feeling fresh. Far Cry 2 was one of the few games to do justice to a desert setting and Far Cry 3 was a great game all round.

I imagine the story will be entirely self-contained and independent of the others, just like the previous three games.

well i'm still playing FC2 and i like it!

/opens door and runs away from the mob

• 2 months later...

One of the most enjoyable things this franchise has are the locations and the amount of details devs put into them. Being set in the Himalayas could be great.

The outpost-liberation mechanic is not that bad as it allows the player freedom to explore and choose where to go, aside from the storyline missions locations.

All looks good, except for that cover...really don't like that art personally. Hope they still change it, but doubtful. Guess it's in keeping with Far Cry 3, the main antagonist and a victim's head. As for elephants, yes, why not, though probably won't make use of that feature. As long as the cassowaries make a return, really missed them in Black Flag.

I'm playing through FC3 right now on PC and having a blast. I didn't give it a chance on release (the skinning and crafting stuff was a burn for me before) but I'm really enjoying it now. Definitely looking forward to FC4 and more of the same game. Hope the requirements are too far astray from FC3, my SLI 660Ti works fantastically. 

You can ride Elephants ....

O_O OMG! Imagine when they make Blood Dragon 2, we'd have Cyber Elephants armed with Deadly Neon laser cannons .... you know because ... Blood Dragon :D

As long as the cassowaries make a return, really missed them in Black Flag.

Wh... why would you want that :cry:

Cassowaries hurt me more than the damn Tigers did in FC3. Stupid ###### birds, can't even fly. What's the point in a bird that can't fly? I'll tell you, food, but of course Cassowaries don't work well as food because they're also ugly. Nobody want's to eat an ugly flightless bird. Nobody.

• Like 2

Cassowaries hurt me more than the damn Tigers did in FC3. Stupid ###### birds, can't even fly. What's the point in a bird that can't fly? I'll tell you, food, but of course Cassowaries don't work well as food because they're also ugly. Nobody want's to eat an ugly flightless bird. Nobody.

lol wtf?

LOL, elephants in the himalayas? And what happened to the Far Cry 3 sequel? I think I read somewhere that the next Far Cry would be a continuuation of the story from 3.

What's funny about it?  There are elephants there.

• Like 1

I am not sure I like the pink jacket, fancy bleached haircut and a stud earring in the main antagonist...  I liked this guy much better:

vaas_montenegro__by_johnnytlad-d5t0jcd.j

But that is just me.    Though, who cares about the boss, it is the locations and the views that I love the most.  That is why I loved Far Cry 1 and 3 so much better then 2.

I certainly hope FC4 will be amazing,     himalayas can be so picturesque (I loved them in the tomb raider games)

However, FC4 will be competing against Just Cause 3!

678351285_1398537954.jpg

Which looks to be the ultimate huge beautiful open world game,  where you can do whatever the hell you want. Even ride the plane, jump off from a great height, then spend 10 minutes on the parachute, enjoying the incredible view!

Wh... why would you want that :cry:

Heh heh cassowaries were brutal in FC3. Not sure if you played Black Flag, but they were apparently missed by the developers in-world. They are a bit odd to look at and indeed can't fly, but they have feelings too! :D

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Is the multiplayer just"bring in a friend for fun in the world" our are they ruining it with TDM etc? I enjoyed FC3 because of its story content and being able to 100% it with story content and just a few terrible co-op missions.