Wireless Gaming Keyboard and Mouse

• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#16 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 30 March 2014 - 20:57

I'm not aware of any Gaming and/or Mechanical keyboards that are wireless.

Gaming keyboards - no.  Wireless keyboards - several. are known.  All Microsoft wireless keyboards in the 5000 and above series are mechanical (despite being wireless), as are all of Logitech's wireless keyboards for Windows, including the hypercheap K360 and K400.  Why do folks insist on believing that wireless keyboards can't also be mechanical (rather hilarious, considering that my Wireless Keyboard 6000 V.3 is almost a decade old - and it's not even the oldest of Microsoft's wireless mechanical keyboards)?

Mechanical keyboards - whether wired OR wireless - are mostly sturdier in construction than non-mechanical keyboards.  Where wireless keyboards - mechanical or otherwise - have issues are in terms of two issues - interference (a problem with multiple wireless devices in general) and wireless lag (same thing).

#17 OP +Audien

Audien

Software Eng.

• Phone: iPhone 5S

Posted 30 March 2014 - 21:40

I purchased the G602 and I love it!  Wireless technology has come a long way I feel - haven't noticed any lag (but I'm also not a competitive gamer).  I'd highly recommend it to people.

I've held back on the keyboard.  I had a chance to test out the G710+ at a Frys store and I didn't like the feel of it.  The keys, despite being mechanical, just didn't have quite the right amount of resistance.  I've heard good things about the Das Keyboard brand.  That and Steel Series.

#18 Vvo

Vvo

nom! nom! nom! Hug a fluffy dolphin!

• Tech Issues Solved: 2
  • Phone: Samsung Vibrant (android 4.4.4 KK DU v7.7)

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:51

Cm storm quickfire keyboards are good choices too

#19 +bman

bman

Neowinian Senior

Posted 01 April 2014 - 02:55

I have had the G602 for awhile, can not be beat. It's an amazing gaming mouse, that has a long battery life.

Though I have found there is no keyboard option. I use a Logitech K750 solar keyboard, but would love a mechanical one :(

I purchased the G602 and I love it!  Wireless technology has come a long way I feel - haven't noticed any lag (but I'm also not a competitive gamer).  I'd highly recommend it to people.

I've held back on the keyboard.  I had a chance to test out the G710+ at a Frys store and I didn't like the feel of it.  The keys, despite being mechanical, just didn't have quite the right amount of resistance.  I've heard good things about the Das Keyboard brand.  That and Steel Series.

#20 PGHammer

PGHammer

Neowinian Senior

Posted 02 April 2014 - 13:01

I have had the G602 for awhile, can not be beat. It's an amazing gaming mouse, that has a long battery life.

Though I have found there is no keyboard option. I use a Logitech K750 solar keyboard, but would love a mechanical one :(

Logitech has other mechanical wireless keyboards - just not a mechanical and solar-powered one.  (Doubtless due to power requirements - mechanical switches DO use more power than membrane switches.)

In addition to the K350 (ergonomic and wireless, but not solar, and same price as the K750), there are the pricier K800 (wireless and illuminated) and the TK820 (drops the lit keys, but adds as integrated touchpad)

#21 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:28

I realize this topic is a bit old but I've been looking into getting a mechanical keyboard in the last few days and the two I've narrowed it down to are the logic G710+ and the Corsair K70.

Both of these keyboards can be purchased for less than $130 on amazon and both have a similar feature set, except for the logic board has macro keys which I will never use. They're both good looking boards, too. The difference is in the keys where the G710+ has cherry browns and the K70 has cherry reds.

http://www.amazon.co...s=logitech g710

http://www.amazon.co...rds=Corsair K70

A point of interest is that the K70 will soon be released in an RGB version which looks absolutely amazing but is a little over the top...

I assume when they are out to retail they will be $200+ dollars, though.

#22 T3X4S

T3X4S

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 11 June 2014 - 06:55

I just saw this thread today -  I am confused about PGHammer's comments.

I wasnt aware MS had any mechanical KB - also, I wasnt aware of any wireless mechanical KB out there.

What is he referring to when he says "mechanical"  ?

Also saying KB from Logitech are mech & wireless ?  Can someone clue me in on this ?   Im confused because nobody jumped up and said he was wrong.

And depending on the type of game you play, you may not need that "required" response time - not everyone plays "twitch" games.

MMOs typically aren't "twitch" games, and I play several of them, and my keyboard and mouse are wireless (Microsoft Wireless Keyboard 6000 V.3 and Logitech V220 Cordless).  The Microsoft keyboard IS a mechanical keyboard - and wireless besides.  You likely mean WIRED (not necessarily mechanical) as Logitech also makes mechanical wireless keyboards.

Huh ? 

#23 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 14 June 2014 - 10:33

I just saw this thread today -  I am confused about PGHammer's comments.

I wasnt aware MS had any mechanical KB - also, I wasnt aware of any wireless mechanical KB out there.

What is he referring to when he says "mechanical"  ?

Also saying KB from Logitech are mech & wireless ?  Can someone clue me in on this ?   Im confused because nobody jumped up and said he was wrong.

Huh ? 

I was confused by his post too. There is no such thing as a wireless mechanical keyboard. Not all gaming keyboards are mechanical. Most of the low end ones aren't.

I'm 100% sure of this. I did a lot of research on mechanical keyboards in the last week because I was looking to buy one (and did, today..or yesterday rather).

#24 T3X4S

T3X4S

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 15 June 2014 - 05:20

Still no word from PGHammer as to what type of bowl he was smoking ?

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!