Photo
seti life et aliens photosynthesis therefore aliens space

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#16 68k

Neowinian Senior

• 1,748 posts

Posted 23 March 2014 - 13:30

Installing the SETI@home screensaver will greatly accelarate the progress...

(I remember seeing every Mac in an Apple centre running this in the early 2000s. G3 power FTW!)

Setiathomeversion3point07.JPG

#17 theyarecomingforyou

theyarecomingforyou

Tiger Trainer

• 16,028 posts
  • Phone: Galaxy Note 3 with Galaxy Gear

Posted 23 March 2014 - 13:53

Normally i hate that rational since typically that is the argument for a god from religious folk. But, alien life (which is pretty different then a god claim) does seem to have a lot more merit and at least possibility to be true.

That's because it's based on sound reasoning. Scientists have calculated that there are billions of galaxies, each containing billions of stars, around which revolve billions of planets, many of which will be capable of sustaining life. I don't "believe" in the existence of aliens, I simply think alien life is statistically likely based on our current understanding of the universe. Religion on the otherhand requires no such evidence - in fact most evidence directly contradicts it.

#18 mudslag

mudslag

I live in your head

• 8,046 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:26

Didn't someone win a pool about finding proof that life existed in some sort of sample brought back to earth (I remember a bookie took a bet that evidence of life would be found off earth before the turn of the century)

Some sort of bacterial life form was found...

edit

this is the closest thing to what I remember, I only remember it because I remembered some guy cleaned up on the bet....

http://www.smithsoni...8138144/?no-ist

It was never confirmed to be bacterial. As of now, there is no evidence of alien life existing. 

#19 +Aheer.R.S.

Aheer.R.S.

I cannot Teach Him, the Boy has no Patience!

• 11,527 posts

Posted 24 March 2014 - 04:30

It was never confirmed to be bacterial. As of now, there is no evidence of alien life existing. 

ok

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!