Stopping DEVLDR32 from loading

Hey guys,

How do I prevent DEVLDR32.EXE from starting every time WinXP does? It's a Creative driver attachment, and it's not in my startup, or msconfig. I can't find it under SERVICES either.

The stupid thing keeps crashing when I try to shut down, restart, etc..

Thanks!!

It's part of Creative's craptacular SB drivers. If you stop it from loading your sound card may not function at all or it will have problems. Hence, you cannot stop it from loading without getting rid of your Creative sounds card and drivers. The only thing you can do is get an updated driver and see if that helps your crashing problem.

don't even think about turning that off.. that's as Lectos said.. controls your SB Live card so if you crash it or don't run it then your sound wont work.

Creative's version of Devldr32 is hosed. Either stick with the standard XP sblive drivers, or replace the Creative version of devldr32 with the standard windows xp version.

To do that extract devldr32 from the windows xp CD (Driversi386 - I think?). Boot into safe mode and replace the devldr32 with the one that you just extracted, and it should work.