Valve's Free to Play documentary gets over 5.5 million views

Valve's Free to Play documentary gets over 5.5 million views

By Albaraa Fahmy

Monday, Mar 24 2014, 19:53 GMT

Free to Play has been viewed over 5.5 million times, Valve has revealed.

The documentary made its debut last week via multiple online platforms, including Twitch, YouTube, iTunes and Steam.

tourney_day04_16.jpg

It follows the lives of three aspiring professional computer gamers, who each speak different languages and live in separate continents.

All three players share a passion for the same online game, Dota 2, which is one of the most popular online titles with more than 7 million monthly participants.

Created internally at Valve, the film currently holds a 9.3 user rating onIMDB.

http://www.digitalspy.co.uk/gaming/news/a559906/valves-free-to-play-documentary-gets-over-55-million-views.html

Waited a long time to watch this and it didn't disappoint.

It was an interesting watch indeed. And perhaps Valve counts only the views via their client but there are a lot of people who also watched it on YouTube.

well it made me play a couple rounds.. watched the video and was like: "I can do that".. I had the most deaths and least kills :(

well it made me play a couple rounds.. watched the video and was like: "I can do that".. I had the most deaths and least kills :(

Getting a kill means you already did better than most people do for their first games.

Watched it and enjoyed it alot. But i didnt understand the ending. The team won the money not just that one player???

Watched it and enjoyed it alot. But i didnt understand the ending. The team won the money not just that one player???

Correct, NaVi split the $1 million.