Streaming from Ready Nas Duo to Xbox One

I regularly streamed video files from my Ready NAS Duo to my 360 vis the Video app.

I got my XB1 yesterday but couldn't seem to do the same. Is this possible or is it going to be a future feature? I'm just surprised this functionality isn't out of the box ready :/

I know you can use the 'send to' function from windows 8 (though I couldn't see the Xbox1 as an option when I tried this briefly today.) but I just want to browse and play from the Xbox. Am I overlooking an option on the Xbox?

Thank you.

Yes there are a few similar options, I just assumed that it would be a standard feature for an advanced 'entertainment' machine  :huh:

I have to do this the long drawn out way.  I RDP into my PC from my ipad, and perform the send to.

The way it's setup, it seems that Microsoft could just "flip a switch" and DLNA would be enabled.  The "send to" (although annoying) is about as close to DLNA I'm going to get for now.

I just assumed that it would be a standard feature for an advanced 'entertainment' machine  :huh:

I think must of us did. I'm betting that it'll appear at some point in an update.

There's a lot of conspiracy theories out there saying MS did it because they want you to use their service to pay for movies etc, but that sounds like rubbish to me and going by some of the other 360 features that are slowly coming back, i reckon they just flat out run out of time.

• Like 1

Thank you.

Yes there are a few similar options, I just assumed that it would be a standard feature for an advanced 'entertainment' machine  :huh:

It is coming with an update. No ETA yet.

• Like 1