Mechanic Wrecks Customer's $200,000 Lamborghini

Austrian mechanic Niklas Schwartz, 29, ended up writing off a 130,000 GBP Lamborghini Gallardo Spyder after taking it out for a test drive in the Muehlviertel region.

Schwartz from Rainbach in Upper Austria admitted to police that he couldn't resist it when he had the chance to take the 520 PS machine out for a spin together with a pal after carrying out some minor repairs.

But as he headed along the B310 towards Freistadt he lost control of the powerful motor apparently when he tried to accelerate on the wet road as he came into a curve.

The car slammed into a crash barrier, and then flipped over onto its roof. And although the car was a write-off the driver escaped without a scratch. His 24-year-old pal who was not named suffered a head injury but was treated on the spot and declined the chance to go to hospital for a check up.

It took 14 firemen with two fire engines an hour to put the car back on the road the right way up and then to arrange for it to be towed away. Police arranged for the two men who had been in the crash to get a lift home on the tow truck.

48tfxm69.jpg

source

What kids don't seem to realize: 'driving' a Lamborghini in Need For Speed/Forza/etc. is nothing like driving one in real life. They are much more sensitive in real life.

I hope the shop is forced to pay for all costs...

It will be. Generally the Garage will have insurance which covers their mechanics for any cars they're servicing. 

• Like 2

It will be. Generally the Garage will have insurance which covers their mechanics for any cars they're servicing. 

Only the guy was no longer servicing the car and probably broke his employers rules by doing this trip.

If insurance covers it I'm ok with them paying it, but by no means the employer should be paying for this dumbass's adventures.

• Like 1

Only the guy was no longer servicing the car and probably broke his employers rules by doing this trip.

If insurance covers it I'm ok with them paying it, but by no means the employer should be paying for this dumbass's adventures.

They could try to argue they were testing the car to see how the "repair" job was holding up, if it was anything to do with handling etc. Every time I've taken my Car in for anything handling, brake related etc the mechanic has always taken it out for a spin himself to see how it was before and after. 

So, depends how much the insurance company wants to believe the story if the Mechanics try and spin a tale like that.

anytime i see news with "lamborghini" or "porsche" in the same sentence as "wrecks" or "crashes", i feel absolutely nothing. actually that's not true. deep down inside, i feel lots of glee.

This is why I hang around the repair shop whilst they service my Lambo. ;)

I hang round the shop no matter what vehicle of mine they're working on, especially my '66 Plymouth Satellite! ;)

anytime i see news with "lamborghini" or "porsche" in the same sentence as "wrecks" or "crashes", i feel absolutely nothing. actually that's not true. deep down inside, i feel lots of glee.

Jealousy is quite pathetic!

Somehow I find this sort of attitude a bit repugnant. You feel glee because someone wealthier than you had something of theirs taken away and ruined? So just because they're better off than you, somehow it makes it OK to see them lose out? 

Very sad.