Woman fights off two robbers in her house

A 46-year-old woman has managed to defeat two robbers who entered her apartment by punching one and scaring him off and then locking the second in her house until the police could arrive.

The woman, who lives in Floridsdorf, in Vienna, was woken up on Monday morning, around 11.00 am, by an intruder. A 35-year-old man had entered her apartment and had woken her up whilst making noises when searching for money in her living room on the top floor of a building on Floridsdorfer street.

The woman managed to get out of the apartment when the intruder entered in to another room but then saw his accomplice on the stairs, who she hit. The man immediately fled the scene, after which the woman went back to the apartment, got the key and locked the door from the outside, leaving the second intruder inside her apartment. The woman then went to her neighbours and called the police.

Police were unable to find the first man, who had fled to the next door apartment from the balcony, despite using a helicopter during the search. The second robber was arrested by police in the apartment and is now in custody.

The man confessed that they needed money and asked for forgiveness. He also told the police that in addition to the man who was on the staircase, there was also another man, who helped him with the robbery.

source

how the hell do you get locked inside?? Could you not just unlock the door from the inside? I've never seen a door where you can ONLY lock it from the outside.. unless it has a padlock.. and then you aren't really safe at night..

Lucky for them they didn't try it over here, granny would have had a pink 9mm ;)

A 46 Year old granny? I mean.. I guess it's possible if she had her kid at like 20.. and her kid had a kid at 20.

how the hell do you get locked inside?? Could you not just unlock the door from the inside? I've never seen a door where you can ONLY lock it from the outside.. unless it has a padlock.. and then you aren't really safe at night..

Some locks require the key to unlock it from inside.

>

A 46 Year old granny? I mean.. I guess it's possible if she had her kid at like 20.. and her kid had a kid at 20.

I became a grandfather at 49, which made my wife 43.

According to the AARP (American Association of Retired Persons), US grandparent deomgraphics show,

About 33% of all adults are grandparents.

The average age of becoming a grandparent is around 47.

The average age of grandparents is around 64.

The average grandparent has six grandchildren.

About 77% of grandparents are married.

About half are still working.

A slight majority, 54%, have at least some college education.

Interesting.. have never seen one before.  All the ones I've ever seen are deadbolt or have a little knob on the inside.

According to the AARP (American Association of Retired Persons), US grandparent deomgraphics show,

Fair enough.. guess I just don't picture someone at 46 as a "Granny".  I mean.. my parents were 46/47 when they became grandparents.

Interesting.. have never seen one before.  All the ones I've ever seen are deadbolt or have a little knob on the inside.

Fair enough.. guess I just don't picture someone at 46 as a "Granny".  I mean.. my parents were 46/47 when they became grandparents.

http://highparklock.blogspot.ca/2013/07/double-sided-deadbolts-love-story.html

Those locks are not safe tough and should not be used. Very dangerous in case of fire.

Those are illegal here. Maybe she has an older house with them.

My son is 21 and has a baby on the way. I am 42. 

Not illegal in the US, but against code.  So you can install in your house but won't be able to sell it until replace with a standard deadbolt.

Not illegal in the US, but against code.  So you can install in your house but won't be able to sell it until replace with a standard deadbolt.

Some insurance companies will require you to replace them too.

my mom was a grandma at 36 :)

Ah, thanks for the correction.

Those can be used in your house that way, your kids can not run away..  And when they get older, they can use alternative key for entry lock. Not inside lock unless they are reached at certain age then they can use a key for both sides.

When I am ready to sell the house, the doors can be replaced with standard doors and I take my custom doors with me unless the buyers plan to buy them with the house from me.