21 posts in this topic

Posted

Men in North Korea are now required to get the same haircut as their leader Kim Jong-un, it is reported.

The state-sanctioned guidelines were introduced in the capital Pyongyang about two weeks ago, media reports say. It is now being rolled out across the country - although some people have reservations about getting the look.

"Our leader's haircut is very particular, if you will," one source tells Radio Free Asia. "It doesn't always go with everyone since everyone has different face and head shapes."

Meanwhile, a North Korean now living in China says the look is actually unpopular at home because people think it resembles Chinese smugglers. "Until the mid-2000s, we called it the 'Chinese smuggler haircut'," the Korea Times reports.

BBC News article

Posted

How much validity can we attribute to anything reported about NK?  I mean, we're on the receiving end of as much propaganda as they are, and from their perspective if they ever saw our "news" I'm sure they'd question it.

4 people like this

Posted

Female comrades are happy :) I did not like his hair cut style though, it is Hitler's haircut, snobby for a Communist dictator  :)
ete2hh.jpg

Hitler youth haircut
14t1lkm.jpg

Posted

www.wantchinatimes.com/news-subclass-cnt.aspx?cid=1103&MainCatID=11&id=20130223000071

It's not just nuclear weapons proliferating on the Korean peninsula these days. In a move that for once is not considered a threat to regional and global security, the North Korean government has recommended a relatively generous range of 28 hairstyles for its citizens, claiming that they are "the most comfortable" styles and capable of warding off the corrupting effects of capitalism, according to ifeng.com, a news website run by Hong Kong's Phoenix TV network.

Pictures can be seen on the walls of hair salons around the country showing the approved styles for men and women. Spiky hair is forbidden, as are quiffs

Posted

it is Hitler's haircut

No it's not, at all!?  It's nothing like Hitler's side parting

longer hair on top with a center parting and his head completely shaved at the sides, a style popular in the West among teenage fans of bands such as Pearl Jam and the Lemonheads in the early 1990s

Nope!

Posted

I think one of these would suit Kim well:

Rattail.jpeg

Posted

Shave everything.

Posted

Definitely a solid haircut.

Posted

If you are bald and cannot have the same hairstyle, you will be executed...

3 people like this

Posted

if they ever saw our "news" I'm sure they'd question it.

I sure hope they'd question it.

Our "news" is full of crap and lies.

If you are bald and cannot have the same hairstyle, you will be executed...

Nobody is bald in NK.

1 person likes this

Posted

The hair of the country's young men should be less than 5 cm long and they should have a haircut once every 15 days as longer hair apparently takes away nutrition from their brains

Looking at many great thinkers and scientists of the past century, this is the biggest lump of excrement I've heard. If they said it looks more professional I'd be a bit more understanding.

Posted

some of the sanctions they have in N. Korea are very bizarre .

Posted

Makes sense. It is the best hair style.

1 person likes this

Posted

> [I]Meanwhile, a North Korean now living in China says the look is actually unpopular at home because people think it resembles Chinese smugglers. "Until the mid-2000s, [b]we called it[/b] the 'Chinese smuggler haircut'," the Korea Times reports.[/I]

Not in public he didn't.  You don't get to make derogatory comments about the Dear Leader's haircut and live to tell the tale.

Or maybe that's why he's now living in China.

Posted

Not in public he didn't.

IN CHINA

Posted

Nobody is bald in NK.

It was a joke

Posted

It was a joke

I hope you don't think i was actually taking the whole situation seriously ...

Posted

> Meanwhile, a North Korean now living in China says the look is actually unpopular at home because people think it resembles Chinese smugglers. "Until the mid-2000s, we called it the 'Chinese smuggler haircut'," the Korea Times reports.

Not in public he didn't.  You don't get to make derogatory comments about the Dear Leader's haircut and live to tell the tale.

Or maybe that's why he's now living in China.

This Kim Jong Un wasn't leader then, i'm sure he was fair game as long as you worshiped Kim Jong Il 

Posted

Let's make all men in the US have the Obama's hair style... :D

Posted

I'd call him a d**k head but then again, even a d**k has more brains than this guy!! :x