• Please log in to reply
23 replies to this topic

#1 +patseguin

patseguin

Neowin Addict

• Tech Issues Solved: 1
  • Phone: iPhone 5s

Posted 26 March 2014 - 17:47

I am new to my One and only bought a couple games so far. I noticed that it shows 50% of my storage used already. I find this alarming since I haven't really bought many games yet. Does every game get fully installed on the hd?

#2 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

Once More 'Round the Sun

• Tech Issues Solved: 9

Posted 26 March 2014 - 17:53

I am new to my One and only bought a couple games so far. I noticed that it shows 50% of my storage used already. I find this alarming since I haven't really bought many games yet. Does every game get fully installed on the hd?

Yup, the BRDVD isn't fast enough to stream the data.

Should also note that while the box says 500 GB, only 391 GB is available for games. The rest is reserved for the system/OS.

#3 OP +patseguin

patseguin

Neowin Addict

Posted 26 March 2014 - 21:10

SO based on the fact that I only have 4 games so far, I can probably install maybe 4 more games and that's it?? Can you use external USB3 HD's with it?

#4 McKay

McKay

Neowinian Stallion

• Phone: LG G3

Posted 26 March 2014 - 21:14

Can you use external USB3 HD's with it?

Not yet

http://support.xbox....xboxone-storage

#5 jerzdawg

jerzdawg

Neowinian

Posted 26 March 2014 - 23:45

SO based on the fact that I only have 4 games so far, I can probably install maybe 4 more games and that's it?? Can you use external USB3 HD's with it?

They will also remove the game you use the least when you run out of space and you need to install a new game

#6 Brendeth

Brendeth

Neowinian

Posted 27 March 2014 - 00:21

I currently have Battlefield 4, Dead Rising 3, Peggle 2, Titanfall, Assassins Creed IV, Forza 5, Zoo Tycoon, Killer Instinct, PvZ; Garden Warfare, Ryse, FIFA 14 and Kinect Sports Preseason installed, along with a few apps and I still have just under half of the available still available. You should be be fine for a fair few more games.

#7 neoadorable

neoadorable

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:58

Yes, four games should not take up that much space - what games are they and what else you have installed? With Dead Rising 3, Titanfall, Killer Instinct, Peggle 2, a bunch of apps and the OS i'm only at about 12% used, with over 300GB available.

EDIT: oh yeah and MGS:GZ

#8 OP +patseguin

patseguin

Neowin Addict

Posted 27 March 2014 - 13:03

The four games are the digital download of Titanfall, Forza 5, Dead Rising 3, digital download of Battlefield 4, and Assasins Creed 3. My usage shows 50% used.

#9 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

Once More 'Round the Sun

Posted 27 March 2014 - 16:16

AC4 25 GB

BF4 34 GB

DR3 20 GB (also had a 13 GB patch which probably factors in)

Forza 5 32 GB

Titanfall 20 GB

So ~131 without patches (inc the DLC patches even if you don't own them). Think 50% is probably right.

Do you have lots of DVR clips on the HDD too?

#10 OP +patseguin

patseguin

Neowin Addict

Posted 27 March 2014 - 16:28

Nope, no DVR clips at all. It's a brand new box with just those games installed. I suppose I probably wouldn't be playing so many games at once anyways but I do like to switch genres like boot up Forza 5 or play Tomb Raider then switch to BF4. Hopefully they will add support for external drives.

#11 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 4
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 27 March 2014 - 17:19

Not quite though. As the available space also includes the OS and stuff I assume, so that makes the math a bit more complicated.

#12 OP +patseguin

patseguin

Neowin Addict

Posted 27 March 2014 - 18:50

I wasn't aware that you had to install games, although I like the speed of it. Didn't the PS3 play games off BD without installing?

#13 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

Once More 'Round the Sun

Posted 27 March 2014 - 18:58

I wasn't aware that you had to install games, although I like the speed of it. Didn't the PS3 play games off BD without installing?

PS3 had partial installs. I don't think it ever required the full disc on the HDD (although maybe there are some?).

The PS4 installs every game to HDD too btw, it's not just the X1. The size of data this generation is the difference, rather than the medium (although that has it's same limits as always, obviously).

#14 OP +patseguin

patseguin

Neowin Addict

Posted 27 March 2014 - 19:40

PS3 had partial installs. I don't think it ever required the full disc on the HDD (although maybe there are some?).

The PS4 installs every game to HDD too btw, it's not just the X1. The size of data this generation is the difference, rather than the medium (although that has it's same limits as always, obviously).

Yeah that does make sense. Although I haven't tested it, does that mean I can play any game any time without the disc in?

#15 Andrew G.

Andrew G.

Once More 'Round the Sun

Posted 27 March 2014 - 19:55

Yeah that does make sense. Although I haven't tested it, does that mean I can play any game any time without the disc in?

No, the disc is always required.

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!