19 posts in this topic

Posted

Wu-Tang Clan will only sell a single copy of their new album

As music sales have dwindled over the years, artists have increasingly turned to making special editions of their albums to entice hardcore fans to spending more hard-earned cash

Posted

I think it's bold of them to assume their god-awful music is worthy of being in a museum. In fact, it's kind of insulting that it will share floor space with truly deserving works of art.

3 people like this

Posted

It's going to be hilarious if/when it leaks online.

4 people like this

Posted

Wu-Tang Clan will only sell a single copy of their new album

Seems like a reasonable prediction to me given how awful their "music" is.

2 people like this

Posted

Imagine the fallback if some Millionaire bought their album, and then shared it online.

I think it'll be leaked though, maybe from the CD burning factory etc. Unless it's going to be burned in the recording studio. 

Posted

any bets as to how long until it is up on TPB.. not that I'd download it anyways.

Posted

Seems like a reasonable prediction to me given how awful their "music" is.

I hope your username isn't related to the rapper because he is/was part of the Wu-Tang Clan.

I don't like all of their songs but this oldie is good.

[youtube]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cPRKsKwEdUQ[/youtube]

1 person likes this

Posted

I think it's bold of them to assume their god-awful music is worthy of being in a museum. In fact, it's kind of insulting that it will share floor space with truly deserving works of art.

All kinds of art's manifestation is, indeed, art. So get off your throne and take off the crown Charles Saatchi. You're no one to say what is a 'truly' deserving work of art, if that thing even exists.

1 person likes this

Posted

I hope your username isn't related to the rapper because he is/was part of the Wu-Tang Clan.

My username originated from a character I played to grief people in Ultima Online back in the 90s.

Posted

I love Wu Tang, best hip hop since NWA, I hope their gawdaful music art one of a kind is up on TPB asap.... ;)

Posted

"We're making a single-sale collector's item. This is like somebody having the scepter of an Egyptian king."

the scepter of an Egyptian king has actual historical value and significance. A Wu-Tang album has no historical value or significance.

Posted

the scepter of an Egyptian king has actual historical value and significance. A Wu-Tang album has no historical value or significance.

not now, but in 2000 years people would see that in a museum, fossilized and then say: oh wow folks used to listen to beat up, dry lyrics and bad rhythm and PAY for it?

1 person likes this

Posted

Everything has historical value and significance. Read semiotics and post structuralism. But if you're going to be truly cynical, then at least do it right and say 'nothing has actual historical value and meaning'.

Both stances are right, and also, they are actual stances. No political-correct middle-class 'educated' opinionated rhetorics.

Posted

It's a better idea than another musician releasing another fuckin' fragrance.

Posted

Everything has historical value and significance.

Even Klaus Wunderlich playing the Star Wars theme?

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn0nZeXFffY[/media]

Posted

It's going to be hilarious if/when it leaks online.

I think it would be funny if someone created a KickStarter to buy it for the sole purpose of putting it up online.

Posted

I think it would be funny if someone created a KickStarter to buy it for the sole purpose of putting it up online.

If someone bought it, the only people laughing would be the band, on their way to the bank.

One [sic] that exhibition tour is complete, Wu-Tang Clan will sell the album for an unspecified price in the millions of dollars
1 person likes this

Posted

It sounds like they are selling the rights to it free and clear, not licensing a copy of it. So the buyer could license it to people to listen to, AKA resell it. WuTang clan then also wouldn't be able to sell it, but what about preforming it again? I can't imagine its outstanding work, but time reveals all.

Posted

Even Klaus Wunderlich playing the Star Wars theme?

[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Vn0nZeXFffY[/media]

Yes.