Question about the Xbox One price cut

Everyone keeps stories about the price cut of Xbox One.   Is this price cut here to stay? Or only temp?  There was a deal on newegg that had it with titanfall for $429 yesterday.   

Amazon has it with a price along with walmart,  best buy too maybe.  I wish Kmart would do it so I could slap it on lay a way until I get paid in two weeks.  They still have it for $500

If it were an official, permanent price cut from Microsoft it would have been a cut across the board at the same time. And there would have been an official press release to stat as such. But that's not the way it happened. One retailer lowered the price (I think Walmart maybe? I don't remember) then over the next few days other retailers like Amazon, Gamestop, Target, etc followed suit. That, to me, screams competition and not an official price cut.

I think it's more about retailers trying to bump up sales due to too much stock. You can't find PS4s anywhere, but Xbones are everywhere. There could be another bundle or SKU incoming that we don't know about yet and retailers want to get rid of their existing stock.

If it were an official, permanent price cut from Microsoft it would have been a cut across the board at the same time. And there would have been an official press release to stat as such. But that's not the way it happened. One retailer lowered the price (I think Walmart maybe? I don't remember) then over the next few days other retailers like Amazon, Gamestop, Target, etc followed suit. That, to me, screams competition and not an official price cut.

I think it's more about retailers trying to bump up sales due to too much stock. You can't find PS4s anywhere, but Xbones are everywhere. There could be another bundle or SKU incoming that we don't know about yet and retailers want to get rid of their existing stock.

Man that really sucks.   I am hoping it sticks around for awhile yet,  I've been saving up slowly.   I have $300 towards the $450 for the price at the microsoft store.  I am not interested in Titan fall, but that takes it up to $475 so I'd go for that cause hey, game included and still cheaper then normal retail.   

It doesn't sound like it's for good, at this point, but it could turn into one shortly.   We'll have to wait and see how it works out, I still expect a cut before holiday 2014, probably another $50 to make it $399 if this first cut stays. 

right now, it's temp.  

and judging  from the sales of the x1 last month (when the price point was at full 499), I don't imagine ms will be permanently cutting the price anytime soon.  

It doesn't sound like it's for good, at this point, but it could turn into one shortly.   We'll have to wait and see how it works out, I still expect a cut before holiday 2014, probably another $50 to make it $399 if this first cut stays. 

That would be awesome.  I was hoping to buy one around June.  How ever if it's not going to be around then and it goes back to normal price I'll be irritated I didn't get it sooner.