16 posts in this topic

Posted

Turkish government takes down YouTube too

Turkish government carries on with its crackdown on the internet and added YouTube to its notoriously long list of banned web sites. YouTube blockage came hours after a key security meeting was held in foreign ministry

1 person likes this

Posted

Sigh...

Posted

English translation for the leaked recordings.

http://t.co/I88jv1WMul
2 people like this

Posted

It's a shame, as Turkey was at one time looking like a progressive country and was shaping up to be the first predominantly Islamic country to join the EU. Now it has fallen into authoritarianism. :no:

1 person likes this

Posted

Google DNS is blocked as well along with other popuplar DNS providers to block access.

Posted

It's a shame, as Turkey was at one time looking like a progressive country and was shaping up to be the first predominantly Islamic country to join the EU. Now it has fallen into authoritarianism. :no:

aren't the elections soon??

i seriously hope for more secular government next!     i love turkey, and i know most people there reverence Ataturk, who gave them national identity, made sure it is not tied to religion.

so i trust that the majority will support a less conservative leader.  turkey is in great shape too, so no need for desperation when choosing who to vote for.

Posted

Ahmet Davuto?lu, is a Turkish diplomat who has been the Minister of Foreign Affairs of Turkey since 2009.

Hakan Fidan, is a Turkish soldier, teacher, diplomat and recently appointed as Head Of Turkish Intelligence Agency M.I.T.

Ya?ar G

Posted

The way I see it Turkey needs to be kicked out of NATO and cut off from the EU. Unless those two institutions support criminals that is.

Posted

That makes him look so innocent.

"Sir theres tweets about you being corrupt"

SHUT DOWN TWITTER!

"Sir theres a recording about your corruption on Youtube"

SHUT DOWN YOUTUBE!

Posted

It's like the current gov are doing their best to lose the upcoming elections...

Posted

Not sure what fantasy version of Turkey you are talking about, they were knowingly hiding bin Laden and many top leaders have ties to AQ and the Taliban, they talked a good game and a few gullible types (Obama) ,might have believed the BS but anyone with half a brain knew what was really going on

Posted

Turkey court overturns YouTube ban By RT April 04, 2014 11:23
Source