Origin Access and Origin Access Premier

Well that is just wonderful. Thank you. <3

Well that is just wonderful. Thank you. <3

BF3 has replaced PvZ GOTY as of *now* - I'm downloading it as I type this.

dayum - with this kicking off June, will it (or could it) be the Crysis Trilogy for the Indendence Day Encore (July)?

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

BF3 has replaced PvZ GOTY as of *now* - I'm downloading it as I type this.

dayum - with this kicking off June, will it (or could it) be the Crysis Trilogy for the Indendence Day Encore (July)?

:woot: :woot: :woot: :woot:

Maybe the first one, but the whole trilogy? :laugh: Greeeeeeedy!

Just FYI, Battlefield 3 will only be free until June 3rd, so it's not the next game, but is part of On The House for 1 week only

Battlefield 3 is now free on Origin as a part of the ?on the house deal.? Essentially, EA offers up free games every month.

In any case, this Battlefield 3 deal only lasts until June 3rd. Anybody who grabs it now will have it free for forever.

Grab it up while you still can!

Thanks, Kotaku.

http://www.vg247.com/2014/05/28/battlefield-3-is-up-for-grabs-for-free-on-origin/

Yes you read that title right: Battlefield 3 is currently free on Origin

I do not know how long this offer will last, but it seems as long as you click the Get It Now button while logged into your Origin account it will be added to your account (I didn't have Origin installed, after installing it was already in my game list).

Likely through the end of June - remember, PvZ succeeded the original Dead Space as of the end of April.

The surprise is that it's BF3 (which didn't use GameSpy) as opposed to BF2 (which did).

July is making me very VERY nervous.  Why?  Three words - the Crysis Trilogy.

While the first two relied on GameSpy for MP, Crysis 3 did not.  Therefore, imagine EA fixing the lack of GameSpy for the Crysis titles that relied on it, then (just to sweeten the deal) give the entire series away.  "Holy reputation redemption, EA!"

Maybe the first one, but the whole trilogy? :laugh: Greeeeeeedy!

Not really - the first two rely on GameSpy for MP (so does Crysis Wars, if I'm not mistaken).  Throwing in Crysis 3 would be aimed right at Steam (and at Valve - and Gabe Newell in particular) - after all, what and who is Origin directly (and correctly) compared to as a download/backup/archival game service?

EA will not give away all three Crysis titles...that would be too much. I'm guessing a Need for Speed will be up.

I was just thinking about buying it to see what the hype was around the military shooter.

I was just thinking about buying it to see what the hype was around the military shooter.

What exactly do you do with those two very capable PCs, especially the 32GB beast? SPREADSHEETS? :rofl:

EA will not give away all three Crysis titles...that would be too much. I'm guessing a Need for Speed will be up.

Define *too much* - currently, the Trilogy IS being sold as a set ($49.99 on Origin).

Though I COULD see the Hot Pursuit reboot being the July OTH (if not the JUNE OTH) title (since BF3 will only be through June 7). BF1942 can now use BattleLog (I already had BF1942 via an earlier pre-OTH promo) - care to bet that BF2 (and other titles in the franchise that will lose their MP when GS shutters) will likely also gain BattleLog support?

I can see several non-gaming uses for a PC with 32 GB of RAM (and I'm not talking video, either) - virtualization is, in fact, the biggest use case.

• Like 1

Define *too much* - currently, the Trilogy IS being sold as a set ($49.99 on Origin).

Though I COULD see the Hot Pursuit reboot being the July OTH (if not the JUNE OTH) title (since BF3 will only be through June 7). BF1942 can now use BattleLog (I already had BF1942 via an earlier pre-OTH promo) - care to bet that BF2 (and other titles in the franchise that will lose their MP when GS shutters) will likely also gain BattleLog support?

I can see several non-gaming uses for a PC with 32 GB of RAM (and I'm not talking video, either) - virtualization is, in fact, the biggest use case.

Thanks for the update, didn't realize the trilogy was selling for $50. It's still too much though :laugh:

Crysis 3 is still a premier title for EA, i'd say anything older than two years and normally $20 or less is fair game for OTH.

It will be great to have BF2 Deluxe as a freebie...was mulling it on Steam but at $20 and questionable MP support it's a dubious purchase.

And was joking about the 32GB PC...yeah i know Hyper-V and VMware and all those guys love to eat up RAM. But that's not what i use my PC's for, mine go towards vital stuff that will change the course of human history (Dark Souls 2).

Guys, in case you didn't know, Battlefield 3 is free on Origin until June 3 :)

https://www.origin.com/en-ie/store/buy/battlefield-3/pc-download/base-game/standard-edition

Additionaly,  Plants vs. Zombies? Game of the Year Edition is also free

https://www.origin.com/en-ie/store/free-games/on-the-house

Enjoy...

Edit: OK, I see it's common knowledge. I just became too excited when I learned about it :)

I took advantage of Dead Space but found it too difficult to play - the cursor movement was "jagged" and nothing I changed in settings made it feel comfortable. I don't have the best game rig, not even a good one, but I play Left for Dead 2 absolutely fine, so I guess its a bug or something.

Awesome that Battlefield 3 is available. Heads up, its 20GB so will probably have to leave it overnight. 

I took advantage of Dead Space but found it too difficult to play - the cursor movement was "jagged" and nothing I changed in settings made it feel comfortable. I don't have the best game rig, not even a good one, but I play Left for Dead 2 absolutely fine, so I guess its a bug or something.

I know it sounds unlikely, but changing the Vsync setting may fix all your issues.

That game had some strange bugs.  Not their best PC port.

Thanks for the update, didn't realize the trilogy was selling for $50. It's still too much though :laugh:

Crysis 3 is still a premier title for EA, i'd say anything older than two years and normally $20 or less is fair game for OTH.

It will be great to have BF2 Deluxe as a freebie...was mulling it on Steam but at $20 and questionable MP support it's a dubious purchase.

And was joking about the 32GB PC...yeah i know Hyper-V and VMware and all those guys love to eat up RAM. But that's not what i use my PC's for, mine go towards vital stuff that will change the course of human history (Dark Souls 2).

And BF3 is not?  (Think - BF3 didn't lose relevance because BF4 released, any more than Crysis 2 lost any relevance because Crysis 3 shipped.  The only reason Crysis 2 is losing ANY relevance is because the MP support - GameSpy - is in danger; that wasn't the case with BF3, which uses BattleLog.)

Secondly, there IS the issue that BF3 is more midrange-PC friendly than BF4, which isn't THAT midrange-hardware unfriendly itself, and that the Crysis Trilogy is more friendly in that fashion than even BF3 or BF4.

Finally, I think you mean BF2 Complete - not Deluxe; Deluxe includes SOME of the DLC, while Complete, by both definition and design, includes all of it.

And BF3 is not?  (Think - BF3 didn't lose relevance because BF4 released, any more than Crysis 2 lost any relevance because Crysis 3 shipped.  The only reason Crysis 2 is losing ANY relevance is because the MP support - GameSpy - is in danger; that wasn't the case with BF3, which uses BattleLog.)

Secondly, there IS the issue that BF3 is more midrange-PC friendly than BF4, which isn't THAT midrange-hardware unfriendly itself, and that the Crysis Trilogy is more friendly in that fashion than even BF3 or BF4.

Finally, I think you mean BF2 Complete - not Deluxe; Deluxe includes SOME of the DLC, while Complete, by both definition and design, includes all of it.

BF3 is not really a premier title for them anymore, that would be BF4. But i'm not saying it's not a great game, liked it much more than BF4 and played it on three platforms. It was also already on PS+. Hey any game they offer gratis would be gratefully accepted, and you're right, it's BF2 Complete, not Deluxe.

Awesome that Battlefield 3 is available. Heads up, its 20GB so will probably have to leave it overnight. 

Considering the game is a direct console-to-pc port, I'm not surprised.

Would you consider playing it with a 360 controller? It's really the way it was meant to be played.

BF3 is not really a premier title for them anymore, that would be BF4. But i'm not saying it's not a great game, liked it much more than BF4 and played it on three platforms. It was also already on PS+. Hey any game they offer gratis would be gratefully accepted, and you're right, it's BF2 Complete, not Deluxe.

Precisely my point, neoadorable - not everyone likes what was done with BF4 compared to BF3; look at both the official BF4 thread and my own x64 thread here in Computer Gaming and see the whackage BF4 has been taking.  The same has been, in fact, true of the two Crysis titles (2 vs. 3 - heck, it's also the original vs. 2).  It seems that no matter what advances are being made - in terms of anything - there are ALWAYS some folks that would rather have marginally improved old rather than new.

Precisely my point, neoadorable - not everyone likes what was done with BF4 compared to BF3; look at both the official BF4 thread and my own x64 thread here in Computer Gaming and see the whackage BF4 has been taking.  The same has been, in fact, true of the two Crysis titles (2 vs. 3 - heck, it's also the original vs. 2).  It seems that no matter what advances are being made - in terms of anything - there are ALWAYS some folks that would rather have marginally improved old rather than new.

Yes, it's always a delicate balance. Maybe DICE did try too much with BF4 and it backfired, though i personally think there's no excuse for the insanely sorry state it's in/was in (haven't played it in a couple of months now). I'll take any improvement over no improvement, and thought Crysis 3 was tons better than Crysis 2, not that the latter was bad. To the point, you're right, it's impossible to please everyone but remember that complaints are legitimate and part of the experience. It's fine for people to complain, even if i do think they do too much of it over small issues, like what free game is on Origin - where it is to all intents and purposes free, unlike XBL/PSN.

Would you consider playing it with a 360 controller? It's really the way it was meant to be played.

Don't have one and nor do I have an xbox etc. Its fine, I'm enjoying Battlefield 3 more. 

• Like 1

Don't have one and nor do I have an xbox etc. Its fine, I'm enjoying Battlefield 3 more. 

Sure, got it. No need to force it on yourself, if they didn't optimize it or don't really support your preferred method of input then there's plenty games that do as you say.

Anyone having trouble activating plants and zombies? Even when I successfully enter the product key and it has a "launch" button, it then says "validate" and then goes back to the same error message saying it could not validate.