Neowinian Un-Wise One

• Phone: Motorola Razr HD

Posted 27 March 2014 - 20:12

thanks!! never finished it on Xbox.

#3 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 March 2014 - 20:29

Already own it on steam but thanks for the heads up. Maybe a friend or two might be interested in it.

I wonder if the Origin version has fixed some of the issues the steam version has such as the terrible terrible mouse acceleration.

#4 +Obi-Wan Kenobi

Obi-Wan Kenobi

"You were the chosen one!"

Posted 27 March 2014 - 20:48

Thanks! Free is awesome, lol! (Y)

#5 Blackhearted

Blackhearted

• Phone: Samsung Galaxy S2 (VM)

Posted 27 March 2014 - 20:53

I found the pc version of DS to be pretty much unbearable. You had the choice of either dealing with ridiculous amounts of screen tearing, or unplayably high amounts of mouse lag if you turn on vsync.

#6 trag3dy

trag3dy

Neowinian Senior

Posted 27 March 2014 - 21:01

I found the pc version of DS to be pretty much unbearable. You had the choice of either dealing with ridiculous amounts of screen tearing, or unplayably high amounts of mouse lag if you turn on vsync.

The way to fix that is to turn vsync off in game and use your video cards software to enable vsync. It made the game playable at least but there was still a bit of mouse acceleration.

#7 PurpleHaze420

PurpleHaze420

Neowinian

• Phone: iPhone 5S

Posted 27 March 2014 - 22:21

I reckon the only reason that there giving this away is due to amount of people that already 'own' it from the Origin Humble Bundle a few months ago. :laugh:

#8 AngelGraves13

AngelGraves13

Neowinian

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:44

Bought it for $50 pre-order...still haven't played it.

#9 Skiver

Skiver

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 2

Posted 28 March 2014 - 09:49

Nice... I'm not a big fan of the series but its never bad to have the option to pick it up and give it a try :D

#10 TheExperiment

TheExperiment

Reality Bomb

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:11

It was a pretty good game.  I kinda stalled halfway through it for a year or three then picked it up again later and finished it.

Now I'm about the same wrt Dead Space 3, dunno when I'll go back to it.

#11 blerk

blerk

Neowinian

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:48

For those who have played all the dead space series - is the first worth playing? I completed Dead Space 3 but that got pretty boring and repetitive about 1/2 way through the game. I could practically predict when the necromorphs would attack, and once I constructed my OP gun ... the game just became a boring chicken shoot in narrow corridors. 

Also - the graphics were somewhat shabby. 

#12 Dane

Dane

Neowinian Senior

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:52

"Free Until May 8 2014"  thats a long time for it to be free isnt it? I'll have to get it tonight. 

#13 Breach

Breach

Neowinian

Posted 28 March 2014 - 10:56

For those who have played all the dead space series - is the first worth playing? I completed Dead Space 3 but that got pretty boring and repetitive about 1/2 way through the game. I could practically predict when the necromorphs would attack, and once I constructed my OP gun ... the game just became a boring chicken shoot in narrow corridors. 

Also - the graphics were somewhat shabby. 

In my mind the 1st one is the best one as it had the best survival horror atmosphere. Of course it controls like a pig :) Afterwards the franchise kind of became a console shooter. 

#14 blerk

blerk

Neowinian

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:01

In my mind the 1st one is the best one as it had the best survival horror atmosphere. Of course it controls like a pig :) Afterwards the franchise kind of became a console shooter. 

I might have to give it a shot. Everybody says the first is the best but the 3rd did rather put me off the whole series :(

Never hurts to try I suppose. 

#15 James123

James123

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 28 March 2014 - 11:35

Yeah, the first is definitely the best imo (didn't like the keyboard/mouse controls though, used a 360 controller), the second is quite good too, but the third is boring unless you play co-op. They're probably doing the game for free because most people already have it from last years humble origin bundle :p

Click here to login or here to register to remove this ad, it's free!