National Football League Thread

He didn't play THAT well last week, Michael Vick. Not like the old Vick we know.

he played awesome considering he hadnt taken a snap since august. vick said he would come back to play hard. he was quoted after the houston game saying "i told you guys i wouldnt come back and play scared." he tore carolina apart last year. i look for him to do the same sunday night. hes got something to prove.

He didn't play THAT well last week, Michael Vick. Not like the old Vick we know.

He actually played very well. His scrambling ability is still there, considering he had a major leg injury. He'll be even better this week.

Well my Bucs are done this year which is good since I couldn't bare to wonder if they would show up every other week. I think now is a good time to get Keshawn go which is pretty much official. I would also let Sapp go since he is past his prime and not worth the money. Since this draft coming up is a wide receivers draft dream than the bucs should use their high first rounder for a WR. We should work on our OL as well. I think our defense is fine. Replacing Sapp with just a big guy should do us fine and getting back Kelly and the others will make all the difference. We will be a very good team next year but not quite enough until the year after which we will get another draft and be replacing Brad with Chris Simms. Simms is the best ball faker I have ever seen. Just wait in two years time we will be a very very good team if not the best.

Now on another note I think Indy is good but not great. There is only one thing that bothers me with Indy is that if Payton goes down they would be very below average team. To be honest Payton is the team. Now what bothers me even more is that Payton has gone what 150+ games without an injury and I don't care who you are but in the NFL those streaks are not very common at all and it just seems like its waiting to happen. I don't wish injuries on any player but it just seems like its a matter of time for Indy to have Payton hurt.

I think the Pats are looking real good and are a threat if they keep on playing the same. I don't think the Panthers will make it far into the playoffs. They have had so many close games that they should have lost that I don't think they will pull those out of their as*es in the playoffs against the Eagles, Packers or whichever team makes it. They will not win two games even with a bye and they would be lucky to win one game.

I don't really know what will happen which is why the NFL is so great because it isn't the same 5 teams every year. The teams with the best records last year have the worst this year and the teams with the worst records last year have the best this year. Where else will you find Parity like that. That is exactly why the NFL is the number one sport and why no other sport even comes close to even touching the NFL.

Lighten up people! I really don't think the NFL is boring. I always get into "baseball vs. football" debates with my friend. :devil: I've been disenchanted with the NFL ever since the Lions screwed Barry Sanders over.

Where do you all think Kurt Warner will be next season??

out of rams possibly and maybe retired with Favre. his career is almost over. he should have been greedy and played when mike martz asked him to. maybe he did for the team but he missed an opportunity to get some practice. he has been on the sidelines for 10 games or so. kurt warner is pretty much done as a player. :no:

yeah i dont think kurt warner has much left either. but im sure someone would sign him to be a backup. if he wanted, hes the type that could stick around and be a backup and teach young QBs til he was 40 or so. see: steve deberg

I've been disenchanted with the NFL ever since the Lions screwed Barry Sanders over.

Don't remind me! I used to live in the Detroit area, watching barry was our only highlight :yes:

And to think if he kept playing, poor emmit smith would be no where near that rushing record!

Lighten up people! I really don't think the NFL is boring. I always get into "baseball vs. football" debates with my friend. :devil: I've been disenchanted with the NFL ever since the Lions screwed Barry Sanders over.

Interesting. I believe it was Barry Sanders leaving the team in the lurch AFTER the draft. If he cared anything for the team, he would have let the team know his intentions so they could have drafted a RB.

Barry quit poorly. He even admitted it.

Good for Emmitt, though. Whoohoo!