• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

#46 Gotenks98

Gotenks98

Neowinian

• 2,018 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:27

Communism only works in Star Trek.

Was just going to say that. Only in a near utopia society will this ever work out. Technology would have to move to the point where resources are near infinite. Where people would work not because they have to but for a sense of purpose. Sadly I do not think this will happen even in the next 10,000 years due to how evil this world is. We cant get past simple things such as race, gender and culture. Only something like an alien invasion would unite people long enough to look past all that just to survive but then it would be back to the status quo as soon as the threat is eliminated.

#47 Matthew_Thepc

Matthew_Thepc

Neowinian

• 1,180 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 05:43

1) There has never been a communist country yet. Communism is a cashless society that is fully democratic and people work for the mutual benefit of each other - last time I checked there is no country hitting that end goal.

Also good to keep in mind that there has never (to my knowledge, at least) been a fully capitalist society yet. If your whole economic model seems to rely on 100% of the people acting a certain way and otherwise results in mass starvation, I don't think that's an economic model worth seriously pursuing any more. At least capitalism has managed to work with a fair amount of government intervention, even if it's on a decline. I agree with you that we need to consider alternative economic systems, but (as you said) communism definitely isn't the one I would advocate for.

#48 OP Turk.

Turk.

Neowinian

• 581 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 06:58

To be able to establish a pure Communist society we need another 2 millenniums to evolve mentally and socially. T. Moore's utopia, as well. BTW, Marx was a heavy swearer. So was Mozart :) I like both of them. Both were Communists and swearers.

#49 FloatingFatMan

FloatingFatMan

Resident Fat Dude

• 16,053 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:16

What on Earth does swearing have to do with anything?

#50 Torolol

Torolol

• 3,091 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 07:35

Pablo Picasso are confirmed Communist, he create a picture of Stalin and praise him a lot.

Stalin known to deliberately causes starvation in his reign, ask the Ukrainian.

#51 Raze

Raze

Mentally Compromised

• 4,702 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 15:54

We're not the ones being run by the one preventers, we're not the one with people going around with mortal illnesses because they can't afford to get help, in fact we have people who get life extending medications that costs nearly a million dollars a year for free, we're not the ones where only the rich upper class can afford higher and good education so they can stay in the rich upper class. And so on.

So no. You didn't. ;)

Why thank you for proving my point.  FUD being presented with a large side of arrogance.  You always come through.  ;)

#52 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 22,102 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 01 April 2014 - 16:55

Why thank you for proving my point.  FUD being presented with a large side of arrogance.  You always come through.  ;)

what point would that be ? 

#53 Raze

Raze

Mentally Compromised

• 4,702 posts

Posted 01 April 2014 - 17:13

what point would that be ? 

Never mind.  Now you are just feigning ignorance.

#54 HawkMan

HawkMan

Neowinian Senior

• 22,102 posts
  • Phone: Noka Lumia 1020

Posted 01 April 2014 - 17:27

Never mind.  Now you are just feigning ignorance.

No, you just don't have a point.