xbox one microsoft smartglass

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

#31 duddit2

duddit2

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 03 April 2014 - 15:31

I've hooked up my Freeview HD (UK) box and got the preview update/Smartglass. I'm very, very impressed. The ability to be in-game and say "Xbox go to BBC One" and it actually ignore the SD channel and put you straight into the HD channel is simple bliss. Then after finishing that, saying "Xbox, go to Forza Motorsport 5" and it kicks off exactly where you left it is just beautiful.

The ability to browse the TV guide on my phone while the TV is still dedicated to the channel is awesome. Love it.

How did you get the preview? I really really want the one guide to work!

#32 +MikeChipshop

MikeChipshop

Miniman

• Tech Issues Solved: 3
  • Phone: HTC 8X / Nexus 5

Posted 03 April 2014 - 15:34

I know its another $25.. but the media remote has been a godsend for me (meaning not having to listen to my wife bitch about using the controller to watch tv.  I really hope we get an option soon to have it launch an app on boot. 

Haha yeah exactly the same here. It also feels nicer than using the control and saves on batteries if you don't have a charge kit.

#33 George P

George P

Neowinian Senior

• Phone: HTC Windows Phone 8X

Posted 03 April 2014 - 17:40

Some people make it sound like a one or the other choice here, no one says you can't just keep using your remote now or something.  It's still good to have the smartglass option there and allows for you to, as some have said, browse the guide and do other things while the TV is showing a game or a movie/tv channel.    It's not just about the remote control, that's only one new thing.

#34 JonnyLH

JonnyLH

I say things.

• Phone: Nokia Lumia 920

Posted 04 April 2014 - 11:46

How did you get the preview? I really really want the one guide to work!

I got the email a while back when they bulk messaged people. I'm pretty sure you still can register but if you know anyone who's in the preview, let them sign in on your X1 and download the app on your console which registers yours.