Apple vs Samsung. 50 patents could have been at stake

I hope Samsung burns.  All their success is a result of copying the original iPhone.  I'm not even an Apple fanatic but it's honestly that obvious.  All you have to see is that chart of how their phones and tablets looked before the iPhone1 and iPad and then after.

I hope they both burn, but Apple is accusing Samsung of doing exactly what they do themselves, steal from others!

I'd like to see the Apple lawyers get up in court and say "we put the absolute bare minimum into each new generation of our product and Samsung has now copied this business model with the Galaxy S 5!"

I hope they both burn, but Apple is accusing Samsung of doing exactly what they do themselves, steal from others!

I'd like to see the Apple lawyers get up in court and say "we put the absolute bare minimum into each new generation of our product and Samsung has now copied this business model with the Galaxy S 5!"

There was a saying I heard once while I was in the Army...  

It is not always who has the high ground first, but who can take it and how long they can defend it.

Though the bad news behind all of this... is that the public in general wants phones and could really not give a care who did what first, but who can give me the better product.  Through this whole court battle to paraphrase a co-worker " Here we go again , didn't we just go there like last year...???"

And ofcourse-- LG is not on trial... SAMSUNG is.. That product is not prior art....

The F700 is  not a "SMART" phone and therefore can not be compared to the Iphone or so the argument goes. Which was ruled out as Prior art through the first trial. That and It is not a touch phone and also is a slide phone if I am not mistaken.

I still stand behind this patent... Which conveniently was never renewed?? about 2 years before Apple filed their patent.

http://www.google.com/patents/USD337569

Which both would bring into question of prior shape/design of both the Iphone and the Ipad - but then again Patents from 1993 are not admissible.

And this patent is for 

I replied to +Audien's post which says Samsung copied Apples design which Samsung never did by using rounded corners. Parent is a patent whether it is for a smart phone or feature phone. It was a touch phone with touchwiz. You can't patent anything which is already there. I never wrote about any other patent. I find most of their claims ridiculous which are just to "destroy android".

I replied to +Audien's post which says Samsung copied Apples design which Samsung never did by using rounded corners. Parent is a patent whether it is for a smart phone or feature phone. It was a touch phone with touchwiz. You can't patent anything which is already there. I never wrote about any other patent. I find most of their claims ridiculous which are just to "destroy android".

This image appears to show that the Samsung F700 was first shown at CEBIT 2006 and released in February of 2007. What whoever made the image didn't take the time to do was check their facts and find that although Samsung may have spoken about advancing their cell phone plans previous to 2007, they only showed the F700 design for the first time February 8th, 2007.

I thought people here knew that the whole F700 thing was debunked long time ago.

Check quote above.

And you seriously think Samsung managed to design a phone on 1 month? :rolleyes:

At worse, it was a parallel design issue, and both are clearly evolution's of many Windows Mobile devices

The patent picture shows clearly how broken the patent system is.

And like some of you wish, Apple winning case vs Samsung. You think Apple will stop there?

It will set precedent and will go against other manufacturers and win sums of money. Costs will transfer to the consumer.

I also find it funny for Americans who hope for one company to fail when Samsung makes chips in Austin Texas to ship to Foxconn China to make iPhone and shipped back to US to be sold by minimum wage Apple store employee.

And you seriously think Samsung managed to design a phone on 1 month? :rolleyes:

At worse, it was a parallel design issue, and both are clearly evolution's of many Windows Mobile devices

Ummm, what?

Ummm, what?

If you're having trouble understanding, I can use fingerpaints and crayons for you. You know, like if I were talking to a 2 year old.

If you're having trouble understanding, I can use fingerpaints and crayons for you. You know, like if I were talking to a 2 year old.

Please do, I'm still trying to understand how you think Samsung designed a phone in one month.

Please do, I'm still trying to understand how you think Samsung designed a phone in one month.

I suggest you go back and re-read what I posted in response to your "check quote above" comment, because right now, you're completely failing basic English.

I suggest you go back and re-read what I posted in response to your "check quote above" comment, because right now, you're completely failing basic English.

And you seriously think Samsung managed to design a phone on 1 month?

So I think I will need you to use those crayons bc what you said there makes zero sense.

So I think I will need you to use those crayons bc what you said there makes zero sense.

Good grief... If you insist.  Crayon on.

I asked you to   Define Debunked

You replied:  Check quote above

So I did, the above quote said:

This image appears to show that the Samsung F700 was first shown at CEBIT 2006 and released in February of 2007. What whoever made the image didn't take the time to do was check their facts and find that although Samsung may have spoken about advancing their cell phone plans previous to 2007, they only showed the F700 design for the first time February 8th, 2007.

Clearly, you're saying that as Apple showed their device in January, and Samsung showed theirs in February, Samsung somehow managed to copy the iPhone design in about a month, a task which, if you knew what you were talking about, you'd know was impossible.

So I responded with:  And you seriously think Samsung managed to design a phone on 1 month?

It's a question.. See the ? at the end?  I'm asking if you seriously think Samsung managed to copy the iPhone with just 1 month's notice, an impossible task.

Crayon off.

There, is that clear enough for you?

Good grief... If you insist.  Crayon on.

I asked you to   Define Debunked

You replied:  Check quote above

So I did, the above quote said:

Clearly, you're saying that as Apple showed their device in January, and Samsung showed theirs in February, Samsung somehow managed to copy the iPhone design in about a month, a task which, if you knew what you were talking about, you'd know was impossible.

So I responded with:  And you seriously think Samsung managed to design a phone on 1 month?

It's a question.. See the ? at the end?  I'm asking if you seriously think Samsung managed to copy the iPhone with just 1 month's notice, an impossible task.

Crayon off.

There, is that clear enough for you?

I was really hoping you would fall for it and you did. Nobody ever said F700 copied the first iPhone, no one. Not even Apple. The whole argument was whether Apple copied F700 which turned out to be nothing but a myth with false dates.

This picture above says the F700 was shown at CeBit 2006, and then released in 2007, making Apple and the iPhone the one that copied them. This is completely false. We here love Android, not Apple, but this is a interesting story and I just felt like sharing either way. Even if Apple is in the right. According to the picture the F700 was introduced in 2006, and Apple stole the design. I'm not going to get to deep on this, but the F700 was never seen until February of 2007 and our very own slashgear had it completely covered. This is AFTER Apple announced and showed the world the iPhone January 9th 2007 at MacWorld.

Thanks for the crayons.

I was really hoping you would fall for it and you did. Nobody ever said F700 copied the first iPhone, no one. Not even Apple. The whole argument was whether Apple copied F700 which turned out to be nothing but a myth with false dates.

Thanks for the crayons.

From what I have read... the supposed timeline..

Is 

LG roughly July 2006 (PRADA)- Which they filed their patent in FEB 2006.

then  

OCTOBER 2006 (SEALED  super secret filing that SAMSUNG cold not see) filing for the patent for the Iphone)

DEC 2006 Samsung filed for their patent on the F700 and was granted a patent in 2007

January - Apple showed the Iphone and was granted the patent in 2007

February- Samsung showed the F700  (The debunking is that the image shows 2006 date when should really reflect one month after the Iphone was shown with a 2007 date.)Which does not resemble the production release but what was filed for a patent. 

The problem in question is that the F700 that was released for production  has some minor changes that made it look more like the Iphone.  

Thanks for the crayons.

So you were trying to start a fight, heh.

The take away message here is that Samsung had their OWN design that they not only used, but have modified upon.  Your argument is that Samsung bases their designs on Apple's hardware.  I didn't read anyone saying Apple copied anyone.  I do see people implying that Apple's design is not original like they thought it was, and that Samsung's design was not necessarily due to Apple.

I really cannot believe people are arguing about rights to black rectangles with button(s) at the bottom.  All companies take inspiration from other people's designs at one point or another.  Apple has copied as much as Samsung has, and there is no denying it.

Let us not forget that Apple says they invented multitouch.