us fort hood shout

• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 Hum

Hum

totally wAcKed

• 63,557 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 22:37

FOX News is reporting multiple people have been shot at Fort Hood, beginning at 4:58 p.m. central time.

At least two people were taken to a hospital.

Sirens are going off.

The base is on lock-down.

The Texas Department of Public Safety reported a shooting with casualties Wednesday at Ft. Hood, scene of a 2009 attack that left 13 dead.

No further information was immediately available on the incident, the shooter or the extent of any injuries.

A banner running at the top of Ft. Hood’s website cautioned, “Shelter in place immediately. This is not a test.”

http://www.foxnews.c...ted-at-ft-hood/

Shooter Ivan Lopez, is dead.

Reportedly, a soldier shot another soldier.

Three others dead, 14 injured.

FBI says, shootings not tied to terrorism.

#2 Geoffrey B.

Geoffrey B.

LittleNeutrino

• 16,232 posts
  • Phone: Nokia Lumia 928 WP8.10.14203.306

Posted 02 April 2014 - 22:55

Fort Hood has serious security issues that this has happened at least twice in the last 10 years.

#3 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 19,068 posts

Posted 02 April 2014 - 23:07

Latest on the news is two shooters, possibly one down, and that one was already being looked for because of stated plans for a jihad.

#4 Turk.

Turk.

Neowinian

• 581 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 00:50

20zy88p.jpg
REPORTS: 4 Dead, 14 Injured. Unconfirmed: Suspected Shooter Dead. Obama: 'Heartbroken Something Like This Might Have Happened Again'. Defense Secretary: 'Terrible Tragedy'. Base Still On Lockdown.
Source
http://www.huffingto...t-hood-shooting

#5 Rohdekill

Rohdekill

Neowinian Senior

• 3,651 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:01

I hate it when people go around SHOUTING.  It's almost as bad as people shooting.

#6 Rigby

Rigby

Neowinian Senior

• 7,110 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:05

Never has the inclusion of a "Like This" button been so awkward.

#7 Gerowen

Gerowen

Neowinian Senior

• 3,587 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:12

It's a sad day for our military.  When I was on active duty, it was illegal for a soldier to have any sort of weapon unless they were engaged in some sort of training.  Walking around with my personal pistol concealed like I could off base would have been a serious, arrest-able infraction.  By disarming soldiers when they come home, you do to them what the feds have done to our school zones, which is to turn them into shooting ranges where anybody who wants to break the rules and bring a gun on base gets free target practice until they either run out of ammo or the cops show up.  They armed us to the teeth when we went to Iraq, and before we even left the airport once we set foot on American soil we had to turn our weapons back in.  I'm not saying soldiers should run around with their issued M4s/M16s and a full combat load of ammo, but to disallow the ones who have a concealed pistol license from actually exercising that right just puts them in harms way when somebody does snap.

My thoughts and condolences go out to anybody affected by the acts of the douchebag who pulled the trigger.

Edit: To mods, sorry for the curse word I had earlier, I slipped.  It has been replaced with "douchebag".

#8 Lord Method Man

Lord Method Man

Banned

• 3,758 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:16

He must have been shouting really loud to kill 4 people.

#9 Marshall

Marshall

▇ ▂ ▃ ▁ ▁ ▅

• 12,918 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:18

Topic title edited

#10 Kaze23

Kaze23

Neowinian Senior

• 3,130 posts
  • Phone: Samsung Galaxy S5

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:20

Epic typo. Please don't correct it.

EDIT: Awww too late. :(

#11 Rohdekill

Rohdekill

Neowinian Senior

• 3,651 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 01:31

Epic typo. Please don't correct it.

EDIT: Awww too late. :(

Don't worry, the tag has the same typo.

#12 mudslag

mudslag

I live in your head

• 8,219 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:06

Yet another example of why mental disorders need better attention. 

#13 wakjak

wakjak

Neowinian

• 269 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:07

Why do you let these psycho's into your army?

#14 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 19,068 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:07

http://www.ibtimes.c...4-photo-1566714

Meet Ivan Lopez, The Alleged Fort Hood Shooter Who Killed 4

Lopez is reportedly an active member of the military, KWTX reported. The news site said he was an active duty soldier who was a truck driver in the Army. The gunman reportedly wore a uniform at the time of the shooting on Wednesday. At first it was thought that he wasn't the only shooter during the attack, but now it appears that he acted alone, according to reports.

A picture that came from theFort Hood Herald in November 2010 shows Lopez, 1st Battalion tying a fly during an instructional class. The man in the photo is believed to be the same man who opened fire at Fort Hood.

BkQYJigCUAAW3kB.jpg

He appears to be wearing a wedding ring in the photo but his partner has not been identified. It is not yet known if the alleged shooter had children.

Four people were reportedly killed at the base Wednesday, including the shooter. It is believed he died from a self-inflicted gunshot wound at the site of the attack. The shooting occurred around 4:25 p.m. local time, KWTX said. The attacker reportedly got out of his vehicle and began to open fire around Motor Pool Road and Tank Destroyer Boulevard. The shooter injured more than a dozen people and some of them are said to be "quite critical." He killed three individuals.

Victims were taken to Scott & White Memorial Hospital. NBC News said the wounded are being treated in a secured “command center.” Fort hood was in a lockdown when the shooting first occurred, but the lockdown appears to have been lifted.
>

#15 DocM

DocM

Neowinian Senior

• 19,068 posts

Posted 03 April 2014 - 03:11

Why do you let these psycho's into your army?

Sometimes psychosis comes later. Example is schizophrenia, which often does not manifest until the late teens to mid-twenties. In this case the news just reported he suffered a traumatic brain injury and developed problems from that.