Spotify not upgrading to new version...

Question

Hi all,

I noticed on a myriad of tech news articles that spotify desktop with a new design is live.

However, when I try to upgrade I still wind up with the same version and old UI.

Anything I'm missing or is it the same for you guys too?

Cheers.

• Like 2

8 answers to this question

It's a staged rollout I believe, so it can take a few days until you have the new UI. I for one didn't get the upgrade when I checked last night.

tl;dr: Patience.

Ah fair enough... all the same, it's nice to play with it and I love the new features.  I'm thinking I'll end up getting a sub...

Just to clarify ? that's an older beta version not the official 1.0 release being rolled out currently..

There is no 1.0 version yet ;) And all new designs versions are betas

There is no 1.0 version yet ;) And all new designs versions are betas

I don't know if the version number is literally 1.0, but the version that is linked to from the page you posted is older than the one currently being distributed by Spotify. I wasn't aware that the official release was still considered a Beta?

I don't know if the version number is literally 1.0, but the version that is linked to from the page you posted is older than the one currently being distributed by Spotify. I wasn't aware that the official release was still considered a Beta?

If its not the last its almost the last. That version its from last month