Battle.net app adds Chat support in client so you can chat with your in game friends.

It looks like Blizzard has updated the Battle.net client for Windows to allow you to chat with your friends without loading a game.

In this screen capture you can see the chat client

post-120066-0-67362600-1396575254.png

In this screen capture you can see in the upper right hand corner how many friends you have online

post-120066-0-95533300-1396575375.png

you can find more here at the Battle.net article for it.

http://us.battle.net/d3/en/blog/13645406/

• Like 1

Hell, it's about time.

I see what you did there.

Never heard of this program, installing it now. Thanks for the info!

They have been telling people for months that you will be required to run the app from now on with their games as it is the new authentication method for all of them. The launchers on the games should have updated into this one and done an update on all of the Blizzard games you had installed.

Geoffrey B., on 04 Apr 2014 - 14:37, said:

I see what you did there.

They have been telling people for months that you will be required to run the app from now on with their games as it is the new authentication method for all of them. The launchers on the games should have updated into this one and done an update on all of the Blizzard games you had installed.

Had to quit playing for a while, as soon as the program installed it began updating my WoW game and I was impressed on how easy is to communicate with others on RID now.

Two things to note, no appear offline mode, and no support for sending messages to offline friends. For now, at least, dunno if they'll be adding these two things.