Anyone getting Galaxy S 5?

I personally have 1001 reasons to get it.

1. I have a same old million year old iPhone 4s bought in 2011.

2. I am tired of being stuck in apple iOS (lack of customization's and stuff. you know without JB) Kinda bored with iOS.

3. To match-up with latest tech.

These are a few reasons. What about you guys? Buying? Not Buying? WHY? :D

I have no reason to - I'm using a HTC One that I bought at end of April 2013. Having said that, the S5 seems to be an alright phone.

Nope. Why would anyone want that ugly piece of ****? The S4 looks way better. The only thing that looks nice on the S5 is the lockscreen wallpaper. :D

Don't really like the new HTC M8's design either. The One was beautiful. But my next phone is going to be the Lumia 930. If anyone knows how to design beautiful phones, it's Nokia!

Mine will be Lumia 930. Windows phone 8.1 is upto my expectations.

I don't like to waste my time in installing junk roms and trying to make silly things work in Android.

I can put that time into work and earn $$ :)

I just worry that it's not going to fit in my pocket.

Have to agree on the comments about the m8's look - the One was a gorgeous phone and the follow up only needed a better camera and battery.

Of the current crop of high-end Android smartphones I'd go with the HTC One M8, Sony Xperia Z2 or Nexus 5 over the Samsung Galaxy S5. Why? Firstly hardware design - the S5 still looks as cheap as its predecessors. Secondly I'm not a fan of what Samsung do with Android.

Not Buying? WHY? :D

I have a Galaxy Nexus from 2011 running Android 4.4, which suits my requirements perfectly. With that in mind I have no reason to upgrade.

If I was going to upgrade I?d personally never buy a Samsung phone with the touchwiz interface, i?m not really that keen on the design of the S5 either.

I am steering clearing of Samsung and I would get the new HTC over anything Samsung.  With that said....

The Nexus series of phones and LG are producing some good devices.  May want to look in to them. The LG G2 is a great phone with great battery life.

If it is anything like the s4, I will pass.  I am contemplating the note3 due to the mere fact that the keyboard accuracy seems to be a bit better than the s4.  I can't count how many times I have chucked the s4 due the keyboard sucking so bad, if it werent for my otterbox the thing would have shattered a long time ago. 

I would rather go back to a iphone3 if there was an option for me. 

Would buy it if I could get a Google Play Edition here in the UK. Love the Galaxy S phones but hate TouchWiz and I am way too lazy to run a custom ROM. Currently have a Moto G and love that it is almost stock Android. Probably should have got a Nexus 5, guess I will have to wait until the Nexus has an update at the end of the year!

I used to be a huge supporter of Samsung's phones, having had both a Galaxy S and Galaxy S III.  But I got tired of how much excess junk they put on there and the UI tweaks.  Instead of waiting for the Galaxy S 5 to be revealed I went with a Nexus 5 a few months back and couldn't be happier.  No bloat and way better battery life than I ever got with Samsung phones.

If you must get a S 5, wait for a GPE or something.  You'll be glad you did!

After I got the Galaxy Note 3, I really can't switch back to a phone that doesn't have the same 5'5in screen size and its amazing how much you can do with the phone without charging it. (thats really important to me). Another thing is that I think Windows Phone 8 will start producing larger screen sizes this yr, and with Office, Cortana, great cameras, and simple OS, i may just make my switch soon.

If it is anything like the s4, I will pass.  I am contemplating the note3 due to the mere fact that the keyboard accuracy seems to be a bit better than the s4.  I can't count how many times I have chucked the s4 due the keyboard sucking so bad, if it werent for my otterbox the thing would have shattered a long time ago. 

I would rather go back to a iphone3 if there was an option for me. 

If you're using a touch screen android, and not using either Swype or SwiftKey, then you're doing it wrong :p

If i was still using android i would not buy the stock version of the phone i would way for a Developer edition or a Stock Android edition of the phone. I bought a GS3 when they came out and there was so much bloat on it that i had too many problems with the phone. I ended up rooting it just to get rid of all the crap that came on it.

Eventually i just sold the phone and bought my Lumia and i currently do not have any plans to return to Android any time soon. the New Lumia 930 does look rather nice though.

No matter what it will be popular once again. I myself will be getting one just because I like popular phones since support, roms, rooting will be easy and painless since so many people will have it.