• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 +bman

bman

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 1

Posted 04 April 2014 - 05:46

Anyone here use Teamviewer?

For a long time I have been annoyed with the message Teamviewer shows at the end of a connection you had. The, "This was a free session sponsored by...." crap.

Is there anyway to get rid of that? I would pay for the software, but they only have corporate plans for very expensive prices.

#2 +BudMan

BudMan

Neowinian Senior

• Tech Issues Solved: 106
  • OS: Win7, Vista, 2k3, 2k8, XP, Linux, FreeBSD, OSX, etc. etc.

Posted 04 April 2014 - 10:07

You could use a different product is about the only solution ;)

https://www.nomachine.com/

http://www.ammyy.com/en/

http://www.splashtop.com/

http://www.remotepc.com/index.html

There are many players in this market - some quite cheap for paid service even, all seem to offer free.  How bad their nag screens are -- not sure.  But most likely better than TV.

You haven't given details of how you use TV so its hard to point to anything specific - some of the above are currently you have to open firewall, either by hand or use of UPnP or NAT-PMP.  Are you just wanting to remote your machine from remote locations - are doing family tech support and need something that requires no firewall settings or install, etc.

#3 OP +bman

bman

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 April 2014 - 15:44

Teamviewer is used because, it's an easy install for users, and it has them all added as Contacts, and so it's a quick and easy connect.

There is no need for setup, you just install it. That is why I use it. I also use it for accessing my systems when I am away.

I will take a look at your suggestions though.

Thanks.

#4 #Michael

#Michael

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 April 2014 - 16:01

Teamviewer is used because, it's an easy install for users, and it has them all added as Contacts, and so it's a quick and easy connect.

There is no need for setup, you just install it. That is why I use it. I also use it for accessing my systems when I am away.

I will take a look at your suggestions though.

Thanks.

I believe the un-attended host version of TV has a very limited dialog box that appears when you disconnect from a machine.  I keep that version on my families computers and they never complain about it. 

#5 +BudMan

BudMan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 April 2014 - 16:25

"There is no need for setup, you just install it."

tomayto, tomahto

If you mean they don't have to configure anything - ok.

If your accessing your system while away you must of setup unattended mode on your box. The ammyy tool is pretty much just run it, and very little configuration required.

#6 OP +bman

bman

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 April 2014 - 17:24

Yes, I am talking about that message once you disconnect. It's not an issue for them, I use it so often, it gets annoying for me. That is my only complaint with TV.

Yes, there is setup on my end, for how I want to use TV, but clients (family) don't need to do anything.

I do like the suggestions you made though. So I may test those over the given days. Though, switching people to something new, people tend to hate that lol

#7 briangw

briangw

The best damn band in the land!!!

• Phone: iPhone 5

Posted 04 April 2014 - 17:55

You could probably create an AutoIT script to auto click on the OK button when it launches.

#8 +BudMan

BudMan

Neowinian Senior

Posted 04 April 2014 - 18:41

^ there is also clickoff or push the freaking button (PTFB) tools.. And yeah autoIT would allow for auto closing the nag fairly easy. I do recall using clickoff for some testing while back. So if you just want to automate closing a nag screen something like that would work.

I figured he was more after a replacement that was either completely free with less of a nag, or could be purchased for lower cost vs TV entry level of like $750.. Which not sure why they don't have a home/power user level product of say $100 a year or something.. So the family tech can support his family and friends without nagging, etc.

Like I said there are many players in this market, while TV is a great product there are alternatives that can be purchased for much lower costs than TV, etc.