Which Android phones have the best battery life?

Manufacturers love to talk about how much battery life you can get out of their phone. They will tell you how big the battery is and spit out a bunch of numbers for talk time and other scenarios. The problem is these numbers rarely ever transition over to real life use. So, what Android phones actually get great battery life when put up to the test? We?ve selected five flagship devices that can be purchased right now. Each one has undergone battery stress tests. Which device wins?

LG G2

lg-g2-6-640x476.jpg

The LG G2 is a favorite around these parts, but you may not have thought about the battery life. The G2 outperformed many other Android phones in most battery stress tests. Talk time lasted a very nice 25 hours and 12 minutes. While continuously surfing the web the G2 lasted 11 hours and 22 minutes. In continuous video playback the G2 lasted a 11 hours and 51 minutes. LG should definitely be marketing the battery life of the G2 more.

Motorola DROID Maxx

DROID-MAXX-5-640x426.jpg

This is the device everyone expects to see on this list. After all, Motorola designed this phone specifically to have a long-lasting battery. Surprisingly the Maxx did not perform as well as some of the other devices. Talk time for the Maxx was 21 hours and 18 minutes. The continuous surfing test last just 9 hours and 12 minutes. Continuous video playback yielded better results with 16 hours and 35 minutes. The Maxx is still a beast if you need more juice.

More...

http://phandroid.com/2014/04/03/best-android-phone-battery-life/

HTC One rooted w/ ROM - On weekdays, I get through a full day with plenty of battery to spare at the end of the day (usually 30-50% depending on usage). This is with push email accounts (auto-sync), WiFi/Bluetooth/Mobile data/GPS all on. On weekends, I usually unplug the phone from the charger on Saturday morning, and lasts all the way up to Sunday night (with battery to spare). 

My next device I will focus on something with better battery life. I like having a smartphone, but I want a phone that I don't have to charger every 1-2 days. Ideally I want a phone that I would only have to charge every 4-5 days. 

7hrs off the charger and my Maxx has only used 7%. Light use, of course.

Normal use i can get a solid 2 days w/ 20% battery left. If i stretch it, i can get 3 days.

I can go 2 days off a single charge on my G3, possibly longer if I really baby it

At work we have horrible signal for all the carriers, on wifi and letting it search for signals I can easily still have 50% battery at the end of the shift, and that's also with a 40+ min commute each way where signal varies in some areas