Virus Question

Is an android tablet any more or any less likely to get a virus, than say Windows ?

What would be a good AV app ?

Thanks.

To my knowledge there isn't a whole lot of real malware for Android in the wild. I for one prefer to live dangerously and refuse to install an AV on my phone.

That said, if you think you want an antivirus software on your tablet, have a look at Avast Mobile Security & Antivirus.

Hello,

Still less likely, but malware for Android is growing at a fast rate. 

There's also the issue with adware and potentially unwanted applications (PUAs), which are a slightly different issue on Android than Windows, and also seem to be more common.

Depending upon your risk level, you might want to look into an Android security program. 

Regards,

Aryeh Goretsky

I have not run any security/anti anything on my phone.  I dont get malware on it and neither does anyone I know.  Just stick to the official app store, or the amazon store, and you will be fine.  The "Virus Shield" program on the front page isnt malware.  It is a valid app just scamming people out of money.   These kind of apps will get through on any platform and wont be detected by a malware protection.