The end of Windows XP support: Any thoughts or rememberences?

oh ICQ...don't miss it in any possible way!

I still walk into the horrid that is 500 XP systems each morning, sadly it isn't my call to get them upgraded :(

well 500 XP is nothing to throw over... oh wait you are talking about XP boxes :laugh:

I still walk into the horrid that is 500 XP systems each morning, sadly it isn't my call to get them upgraded :(

500 XP is a lot of Experience points, pretty soon you can level up!

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I love XP. I love the interface and the ease (for me) for figuring out how stuff works.

It is time, however to upgrade to win7.

I have a Dell Dimension e520 which has XP Media Center Edition 2005 on it. How do I figure out which version of Win7 64 or 32 bit to upgrade to?

Thanks for your time.

Sorry if this is in the wrong place. I love XP. I love the interface and the ease (for me) for figuring out how stuff works.

It is time, however to upgrade to win7.

I have a Dell Dimension e520 which has XP Media Center Edition 2005 on it. How do I figure out which version of Win7 64 or 32 bit to upgrade to?

Thanks for your time.

Check how much RAM it has and add more if necessary. Your PC's chipset supports up to 8GB of RAM so go for 64-bit unless you have 2GB or less in there.

Every time I think of XP I think of my 2 Voodoo2 cards. Had nothing but trouble getting them to work with SLI under XP. And after months of fiddling with drivers and registry settings I finally got them to work and I remember being disappointed because I had to nothing to "fix" any more. :P

But overall, for me XP has been a pleasant OS to work with.