Jimquisition An Industry Of Pitiful Cowards

Stumbled across this article - http://kotaku.com/square-enix-has-finally-realized-that-people-like-jrpgs-1555236872 where due to the sales of bravely default, they realized JRP's do have a market out side of japan, and glad to see they realized this. This could lead to some nice jrpg's coming out.

What makes this a big frustrating square enix had this mindset during the Playstion One era until Final Fantasy 7 sales opened there eye's and eventually seemed to completely forget for the PS3 / Xbox360. 

Nintendo suffered / may still suffer from this as well when it took an internet movement to get Xenoblade Chronicles, Pandora's tower, and The Last story in to this. 

They didn't even have to translate it to english for some of them, they were already localized and released in Brtian. 

More info here on this - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Operation_Rainfall.

Done venting, however like the fact the future of Square Enix means we may be seeing better or more rpg's.

I am thank for for Bethsoft for the new Fallout Series, and Elder Scroll series and love South Park Stick of Truth (still wondering how they got an M rating vs AO but not complaining. 

Yeah Jim has a weird British style but he makes really good unapologetic arguments.

Yeah Jim has a weird British style but he makes really good unapologetic arguments.

I agree, its his style that gives his argument more 'weight'.  A lot of these youtube guys take on a persona either based on their real personality, one that is an exaggerated form of themselves, or one completely different.

Like this one, choosing the right way to deliver a topic can have a big impact on how much it will resonate with us and draw us to listen to more.

Final Fantasy and Resident Evil are definitely the two games that come to mind when I think about companies changing their formula for no reason other than self-delusion. Jim has a good point, as always.

Final Fantasy and Resident Evil are definitely the two games that come to mind when I think about companies changing their formula for no reason other than self-delusion. Jim has a good point, as always.

Even RE4 which was undoubtedly more action than horror still made sure it was a damn good action game. Then came the paranoia that RE5 HAD to be co-op, even in SP, as it couldn't possibly be a SP player game like the acclaimed and great selling RE4....

Even RE4 which was undoubtedly more action than horror still made sure it was a damn good action game. Then came the paranoia that RE5 HAD to be co-op, even in SP, as it couldn't possibly be a SP player game like the acclaimed and great selling RE4....

I actually really liked RE5 because of the co-op. I don't think it detracted from the overall game. RE6 was a pile of crap though.