Dead USB? HELPP

When I insert the usb on my pc, it does not even recognize the drive - I've tried using on diff pcs as well.

I went to disk managemnt and no disc showed up, checked device manager and nothing there as well.

This happened since yesterday, when I inserted the usb on school's public pc for giving a ppt. but if the prob. was from that pc, then everyone's usb should have been screwd up like mine..

any experiences or suggestions you could give me plz?

thanks

So it doesn't work in multiple PC's - I would think its dead then, send it it for replacement under warranty or just buy a new one.  They are throw away items, don't tell me you had critical data on??

They are throw away items, don't tell me you had critical data on??

2014.  Gigabytes of free cloud storage.  Data loss issues well documented.  Surely nobody would be so foolish ;)

so this usb also has a voice recorder function. when i turn on the switch, it blinks meaning it works. but it just happens when i try inserting to a pc, nothing happens :(

If you mean one of these, they can fail at any time:

th?id=HN.608035754242344499&pid=15.1&H=1

The only thing you might try, is reformatting them.

But you lose any data.

is it common that those type of usb fail?

can't even reformat coz again, it doesn't even recognize the disk

Yes. They are near enough disposable.

i won't make the original topic to flow into another, but you know those pens where it records and also serves the usb? (they are expensive) do they have a similar prob. as i'm facing?

do they have a similar prob. as i'm facing?

Bearing in mind I still say your problem is a solder point on the USB connector... Yes, of course.  Also, they are not expensive - I had one almost 10 years ago for roughly ?30

Bearing in mind I still say your problem is a solder point on the USB connector... Yes, of course.  Also, they are not expensive - I had one almost 10 years ago for roughly ?30

Yup thanks. Besides what is the name of the brand, and the model that you have? :)

2014.  Gigabytes of free cloud storage.  Data loss issues well documented.  Surely nobody would be so foolish ;)

You can only hope!!!  All I can say is have you gone out in the world and met people? ;)  Commonsense is not all that common :rofl:

• Like 1

If the computer isn't recognizing the USB, then it's probably the USB Mass Storage Controller IC, and well once that goes out, there's nothing you can do other than throw it away. Sorry. :(

If the computer isn't recognizing the USB, then it's probably the USB Mass Storage Controller IC, and well once that goes out, there's nothing you can do other than throw it away. Sorry. :(

Read the OP, the USB drive doesn't work in any computer he has tried ergo the stick is dead. Long live the stick.

Read the OP, the USB drive doesn't work in any computer he has tried ergo the stick is dead. Long live the stick.

Isn't that basically just what I said? To be clear, the Mass Storage Controller is located on the Flash Drive, not in the computer.

usb-flash-drive-repair-4.jpg

is it common that those type of usb fail?

can't even reformat coz again, it doesn't even recognize the disk

I posted some possible solutions above, if you care to try them.