Fusion OS - What Happened

Hey Neowin Community,

Long time no see. I hope some of you still remember me! As you probably know, back in 2011-2012 I was working on a project called Fusion OS but, it kind of just fell to the wayside and I never gave a proper explanation to what had happened. I still appreciate the amazing support all of you gave to the project, the thread was pretty popular back then! So, what happened. 

Well, I had been for months, looking for some people to volunteer to help with the development and graphic design. Eventually there was myself and two other working on the project, however, time conflicts and poor communication led to ridiculously long turn-around times for things to get done. As it took longer to get one thing done, I wasn't updated the forum (or you guys) as much as I should have. I am very sorry about that, I really should have said what was going on. And eventually I stopped hearing at all from others on the team and I couldn't keep up with the project. This is by no means and excuse on my part for not posting about this or telling you all what happened. I appreciate so much the tight-knit community here at Neowin and I hope you guys can understand. During that time I was in my last year of High School actually, and since then I am pursuing my Master's Degree in Computer Science. :)

I have still been actively developing other independent projects and forming concepts of future projects I would like to work on. I am really interested in starting up a Linux project again, however, not an entire OS. More of just developing a set of applications to deliver a consistent and simple experience to the user. Anyways, I am still planning that out and thinking. I have thought long and hard about what went wrong with Fusion OS and what I could do to ensure it will NOT happen again. I have come to the conclusion that, before I start to get anything going I need to have a proper website setup (and completed) and some bug tracking and area for users to posts thoughts and feedback (of course here is good too!). So, I am not gonna just talk about it, I will make a new topic for this project when I have some things to actually show you and a working version of the project. (none of this talking about it but never get it out.) Hope you all can welcome me back into the Neowin community and sorry for the long hiatus!!

- RKWJ25

I remember.

If all the work was volunteer work then the workers were paid in community appreciation. When you neglected the community they in turn neglected you, essentially ceasing payment to your workers. If they weren't volunteers, then they were worthless employees.

Good luck with your future endeavors, human innovation is the new evolution.

I remember.

If all the work was volunteer work then the workers were paid in community appreciation. When you neglected the community they in turn neglected you, essentially ceasing payment to your workers. If they weren't volunteers, then they were worthless employees.

Good luck with your future endeavors, human innovation is the new evolution.

Yes, they all volunteered for the project but, sadly I think they lost interest... I really like the line at the bottom ^^

what you thinking?

I getting some ideas down in a mock-up right now, I will post later tonight. I want to focus on a few application first: the settings application, the file browser, and the web browser. I want to get feedback from anyone who will post, just because I like it a certain way someone could give suggestions to do it better so I really hoe everyone will leave quick feedback on what think!