Nintendo confirms development of next Mario game

Nintendo confirms development of next Mario game

Wednesday, 9th April 2014 08:57 GMT By Dave Cook

Nintendo EAD Tokyo has confirmed it is developing the next Mario game, although the Super Mario 3D World team can?t confirm if it?s coming to 3DS or Wii U.

mario-huzzah.jpg

The news follows Nintendo?s latest Direct broadcast, which revealed a wealth of new Super Smash Bros. Wii U and 3DS details, characters and more. Hit the link for a big info blow-out.

It comes from the next issue of Edge, in which producer Yoshiaki Koizumi said of the game?s platform, ?That?s still a secret. I can tell you, though, that we?ve already started approaching our next challenge.?

Interestingly, team leader Kenta Motokura added that if the game is for Wii U it, ?might need to make even more use of the GamePad.?

Koizumi went on, ?There?s still a lot more room for discovery and invention, and we?ll continue to propose new and exciting game mechanics going into the future.?

http://www.vg247.com/2014/04/09/nintendo-confirms-development-of-next-mario-game/

They have two teams who make just Mario games.  One team who makes the New series and the other who makes the Galaxy series.  This isn't as surprising as MS saying A new Halo game is in development or a new Call of Duty game.

They have two teams who make just Mario games.  One team who makes the New series and the other who makes the Galaxy series.  This isn't as surprising as MS saying A new Halo game is in development or a new Call of Duty game.

Yeah it's pretty "duh" news but still nice to know IMO. Hopefully details about it are announced soon or talked about at E3 :yes:

A new call of duty game being made would be surprising?

• Like 1

So they can't confirm if it's for the Wii U and if it is, it will make more use of the pad then the annoying and unnecessary 3d world usage... Oh well it was a good, albeit short, despite those annoyances.

A new call of duty game being made would be surprising?

Sorry, I worded it incorrectly.  I meant it more like a duh moment.

So they can't confirm if it's for the Wii U and if it is, it will make more use of the pad then the annoying and unnecessary 3d world usage... Oh well it was a good, albeit short, despite those annoyances.

The game pad allowed me to solve some of the star challenges in other ways that aren't intended but still just as good.

They will continue to milk their prized heffer until its down to its skeleton, then sell off the bone marrow in a few more mario sport crossover games...

Im still not really sure what to think about Sonic the Hedgehog in mario games... I think I died a little inside

They will continue to milk their prized heffer until its down to its skeleton, then sell off the bone marrow in a few more mario sport crossover games...

Im still not really sure what to think about Sonic the Hedgehog in mario games... I think I died a little inside

And people like you will continue to complain about nintendo while ignoring the fact that other companies like activision have pumped out far more CoD titles than nintendo has mario platformers in the past 10 years.

• Like 1

And people like you will continue to complain about nintendo while ignoring the fact that other companies like activision have pumped out far more CoD titles than nintendo has mario platformers in the past 10 years.

Every game company has their cash cow lol, and I am not complaining, just making an opinion

While I don't think Mario is a cash cow as such. you're not necessarily right on that :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_featuring_Mario

Heck the last 1-2 years beats all of CoD ;p

While I don't think Mario is a cash cow as such. you're not necessarily right on that :)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_video_games_featuring_Mario

Heck the last 1-2 years beats all of CoD ;p

Out of interest I counted earlier. If you count only the main line of CoD, it's 10 vs 12 Mario platformers (what BlackHearted said).

If you include all the expansions/spin offs, CoD has more releases.

If you include every game Mario is in, then yeah it's a different story.

I was counting the handheld and console exclusive version of certain older CoD titles since they're still just as shooter-y as the mainline games. It wouldn't make sense if you counted console and handheld mario platformers but didn't do the same for CoD after all.

As long as cash cows are made into great games I do not really see what the problem is (Y) Nintendo probably get more leniency than others because they make so many home runs.

Out of interest I counted earlier. If you count only the main line of CoD, it's 10 vs 12 Mario platformers (what BlackHearted said).

If you include all the expansions/spin offs, CoD has more releases.

If you include every game Mario is in, then yeah it's a different story.

Well, xerino specifically talked about the crossover games so that's why I pretty much counted everything.

When was the last Mario Galaxy game? Maybe a new one of those.

That is personally what I am hoping for.

All I know is I am truly enjoying Super Mario 3D World on the WiiU right now.

I own a PS4 and a One, and a PS3 and a dedicated gaming PC for that matter. Point is I pretty much own all platforms known to gamers to play games on, like a dumb ass I even own a OUYA :/  :laugh: and the reason I am truly digging my decision to (re)purchase the WiiU is Nintendo excels at making games that remind me why I love games to begin with... To have fun playing them.

That is probably why my most personally anticipated game this year is Mario Kart 8.

Long live Mario. :punk: