Gameplay and monetization details

Some of our outcomes. Please note I'll do a comprehensive posting after we're done with this. We have another meeting Thursday to discuss.

1. We will be selling wearables. We felt like this will be a good, fair revenue generator. However - we recognize how important finding wearables in the world is so you'll be able to find and craft a lot of stuff. We agree that's something important. We've also come up with a pretty awesome idea to let players who kill other players loot stuff. So if a player has a black ski mask and gets killed by another player, that player can wear the ski mask for a few deaths (we have durability in the game. Station Cash wearables won't degrade at all but when you loot something.. it will degrade. Please note the original player always keeps their SC purchased wearables. This gives the great feeling of whacking some unsuspecting fool who decided to bring a knife to a gun fight.

2. We will NOT be selling Guns, Ammo, Food, Water... i.e. That's kind of the whole game and it would suck in our opinion if we did that.

3. Nor will we sell boosts that will impact #2.

4. Emote Pack - of course we'll have the basics for free. But we felt like this is another good and fair revenue generator.

5. Character slots - feels reasonable.

6) Crates - You can find crates sometimes in game. They're filled with random cool stuff from the store. We're considering letting you see what's in them before you buy a key (ala Dota 2.). This idea isn't fully locked yet.

That Monetization thread has turned out to be a terrific source of ideas and it also is helping us steer clear of the stuff you just don't want to see.

More to come late this week.

Smed

http://redd.it/23oqm8

At least it sounds like they're going to treat monetization with caution... so far... on paper....

15 years after a zombie virus outbreak? All but just a few people would still be left alive and any zombies would have rotted by then.

There's no point applying real world things like that to Zombies, seeing as they wouldn't be able to move in the first place.

post-350302-0-42869900-1398371235.jpg

• Like 1

There's no point applying real world things like that to Zombies, seeing as they wouldn't be able to move in the first place.

Movement could be powered by Microsoft Azure.

Lost me at microtransactions :(

It's only wearables like clothing, emotes and more character slots. Nothing that can give you an unfair advantage like weapons, ammo, food etc. 

Come on Aheer I need somebody to knee-cap and use as bait while I escape!

• Like 1

It's only wearables like clothing, emotes and more character slots. Nothing that can give you an unfair advantage like weapons, ammo, food etc. 

Come on Aheer I need somebody to knee-cap and use as bait while I escape!

1, ok in that case, I take part of it back

2. Not a chance, as I always have an insurance policy, like a series 3 Range Rover :p

1, ok in that case, I take it back

2. Not a chance, as I always have an insurance policy, like a series 3 Range Rover :p

We've been given new Land Rover Defenders to drive at work, and I've done an off-roading course, I'm good to go man!

Someone was nice enough to record me driving up a slight incline.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jb5jj7kmedx4zzx/VID-20131113-00000.MP4

• Like 1

We've been given new Land Rover Defenders to drive at work, and I've done an off-roading course, I'm good to go man!

Someone was nice enough to record me driving up a slight incline.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/jb5jj7kmedx4zzx/VID-20131113-00000.MP4

Yup, they're good off roaders :)

Mine as an anti zombie vehicle would have bodecea blades on the wheels :p