Android 4.4.3 reportedly in dogfooding stages right now

We could be close to a launch of Android 4.4.3 soon, with reports suggesting Google has started the dogfooding process internally (which means their engineers and employees are using it internally to help find and crush those last annoying bugs keeping them from unleashing the update onto the masses).

Of course, this update might not be huge in terms of new features, but it will be important. For starters, we?re waiting on an answer to the battery drain bug triggered by background initialization of device cameras. Skype was an app that caused this bug to flare more often than not, though the company has already developed a workaround while we await Google?s official fix.

More...

http://phandroid.com/2014/04/10/android-update/

• 1 month later...

Dogfooding? Never heard that expression before. Personally I prefer cat food.

Rolling out to few developers... developers usually have keen eyes to look for changes and bugs...

Maybe they will fix the bluetooth bug.

Its actually from KitKat 4.4 to 4.4.3, find in this list: https://gist.github.com/archon810/1b7c6faa2e2eab831017

Rolling out to few developers... developers usually have keen eyes to look for changes and bugs...

I work in a SDC (as a senior test analyst) for a large multi-national, and I've never heard of dogfooding.

dogfooding process internally (which means their engineers and employees are using it internally to help find and crush those last annoying bugs keeping them from unleashing the update onto the masses).

Never heard of it. 

The Facebook development process is called Dogfeeding. Where everyone has access to everything (Pretty much anyway) and they can throw code in left right and center. There is no standard development process.

The term, Dogfooding. has been around for at least several years....

http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=dogfooding+%28to+dogfood%29

was gonna say the same thing, heard the expression a long while ago, i think the first place i heard it was Microsoft, they often state they dogfood the windows server etc.. especially when they took over from Hotmail and started migrating the servers from Linux/BSD to Windows machines. 

Actually, common users are better at bug finding than developers are.

• Like 1

Agree with that. Devs aren't critical of their own work.

Its actually from KitKat 4.4 to 4.4.3, find in this list: https://gist.github.com/archon810/1b7c6faa2e2eab831017

My Samsung Galaxy 10 came with android 4.3 (oops) ... my bluetooth headphones worked, then.

When it updates itself to 4.4.2 my headphones stopped connecting.

My Win 7 laptop will still connect via Bluetooth, but my Samsung will not find my headphones. :/

I had a long LiveChat with Samsung today -- they are trying to tell me my headphones are suddenly not compatible with version 4.4.2 -- which makes absolutely no sense to me.

It could go both way.. Common users are good in finding User experience or UI related bugs but programming level bugs are different scenarios. Although I am not totally disagree with you. So both ways is correct.  :)

My Samsung Galaxy 10 came with android 4.3 (oops) ... my bluetooth headphones worked, then.

When it updates itself to 4.4.2 my headphones stopped connecting.

My Win 7 laptop will still connect via Bluetooth, but my Samsung will not fine my headphones. :/

I had a long LiveChat with Samsung today -- they are trying to tell me my headphones are suddenly not compatible with version 4.4.2 -- which makes absolutely no sense to me.

Hum, do you tried opening that link and then use Ctrl+Find and search for "bluetooth", it highlighted 17 matches for me... Try to see if they mention some relevant fix you are looking at...

It could go both way.. Common users are good in finding User experience or UI related bugs but programming level bugs are different scenarios. Although I am not totally disagree with you. So both ways is correct.  :)

Hum, do you tried opening that link and then use Ctrl+Find and search for "bluetooth", it highlighted 17 matches for me... Try to see if they mention some relevant fix you are looking at...

I see these, but no idea how that helps to fix bluetooth discovery.

project external/bluetooth/bluedroid/

ad73b9c DO NOT MERGE use bluetooth HID remote device name as input device name.

91f0122 DO NOT MERGE trouble syncing with fitbit and can't turn off bluetooth.

6e8d789 DO NOT MERGE BLE stack doesn't handle multiple l2cap_conn_update requests

61973be DO NOT MERGE sometime the BLE connection parameter isnot updated for the first time

b991273 DO NOT MERGE BLE HID device connection failure due to security error.

ae6028a DO NOT MERGE Remove the device from le backgrond connection whitelist when it's unpaired

1918cdd DO NOT MERGE BLE Secuity manager state machine generate wrong pairing success event.

5a79e08 DO NOT MERGE fix a potential native crash during bluetooth sutdown

35f6b7f DO NOT MERGE the HID device state is out of sync after upair.

fb10ec3 DO NOT MERGE Can only support two HID report instance for BLE HID.

fb1552a DO NOT MERGE read report array out of boundary for BLE HID device.

bb38497 DO NOT MERGE need to increase maximum number HID report for HOGP

aefcb18 DO NOT MERGE Bluetooth: Cleanup bt_config.xml during BLE Scan

project packages/apps/Bluetooth/

98dde68 DO NOT MERGE release wakelock if no activity in Bluetooth MAP profile to avoid waste power.

6d4c5c8 DO NOT MERGE MAP: fixed missing filtering on Priority

d3195da DO NOT MERGE update play status based on A2dp audio state from stack.

3f77ee6 DO NOT MERGE Add Bluetooth privileged permission to bluetooth app. fix b/13226130.

873b806 DO NOT MERGE BLE peripheral mode

549a39b DO NOT MERGE HTML injection fix for bluetooth pairing, issue 65946

1a188f4 DO NOT MERGE Change bluetooth off display message.

b2bf852 Don't display gateway number on bluetooth

439a24d Call UI not showing for MO/MT call till pwr cycle

1c09481 NPE in BluetoothPhoneService.java when switch users.

25dd948 Import translations. DO NOT MERGE

79fc3b3 Fix exported property on NotificationBroadcastReceiver.

0c56c7d Disable Bluetooth OPP profile on Molly

a04af69 Send out broadcast event to clear disk cache when user clear app data/cache

785cf6b Apply Bluetooth HCI logging setting immediately

ecf711c Remove WifiConnection state from the wifi browse row since it's easy to get stale

^ Thanks -- but I already solved the problem.

There was no bug in android.

The headphones can not connect to 2 devices at once -- DUH on me.

One more day till Kit-Kat 4.4.3 :woot: