Just joined, obviously.

I have been in the computer field since '94. I have worked with nearly every desktop and server OS out there, but most of my corporate life has been split between Windows and IRIX (SGI). At home I have 2 Mac computers - MBP 17" and a MacMini running my media center (Apple TV and iTunes - and they run flawlessly). As for mobile devices, I have an iPad and an iPhone. Yeah, you can say I drank the Koolade, but hey, as they say, the stuff just works. I am still working on Windows 7 at work (corporate standard here), but have not really gotten any experience with Windows 8.

Now, this week, on a whim, I purchased the 256GB Titanium Surface Pro 2 with Type KB Cover. To be 100% honest, I wanted something that I could easily travel with and play a couple games that are not possible on the iPad. I love my MBP but for short trips it is not the easiest to pack up. I never go anywhere without my iPad, but I cannot play some of the games I want to on it. Not looking for a graphics power house, but just to get my fix while traveling.

I was never impressed with the original Surface Pro. However the 2 has gotten my eye so I wanted to see what it was like. Played a little with it over the weekend at BestBuy and liked the response. Time will tell, but I think it will be a good machine and will share my mobile case with my iPad.

Look forward to learning more about both the Surface and Windows 8. And I really do like playing with different OS's.

And, in the last few days I have been in config mode.  I dont think I have really used it for anything yet, just keep tweaking it.  This weekend will be a good test.

• Like 3

Welcome to Neowin, there is no way out from here.

Neowin will also "corrupt" you to use more Microsoft services and features in time, you'll see...

Welcome to Neowin. Lewyvulle huh? :D  I've been there for training at the Porter Paint plant! (Used to be a store manager for Porter Paints)

Welcome to Neowin. Lewyvulle huh? :D  I've been there for training at the Porter Paint plant! (Used to be a store manager for Porter Paints)

We ended up here back in '81 when my dad took the VP Marketing at Porter Paints.

Red or blue? If you're living in Louisville, I'm guessing red. (Kentuckians know what this means.)

Neither - I played football for a WEC team and cant watch them play here.  Besides, I hate basketball.  Thank the gods the championships are over.  It REALLY sucks in big corporate...