Game Info

Developer: 2K Australia, Gearbox Software
Publisher: 2K Games
Genre: FPS, ARPG
Modes: Single-player, Multiplayer, Co-Op
Release Date: Fall 2014
Website: http://borderlandsthegame.com/index.php/game/borderlands-the-presequel

Info

Shoot 'n' loot your way through a brand new adventure that rockets you onto Pandora's moon in Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel, coming this Fall for the PlayStation 3, Xbox 360, and PC!

Discover the story behind Borderlands 2?s villain, Handsome Jack, and his rise to power in this brand new game in the Borderlands series. Taking place between the original Borderlands and Borderlands 2, the Pre-Sequel gives you a whole lotta new gameplay featuring the genre fusion of shooter and RPG gameplay that players can?t get enough of. 

Get high in low gravity and launch across the moonscape to take enemies down from above using new ice and laser weapons. Catch-a-ride on the lunar landscape with new vehicles equipped with deadly weapons allowing for more levels of destructive mayhem. 

So grab a friend (or two, or three), strap on a rocket, and take off on a brand new Borderlands adventure

More Info via Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Goes Back to the Future

• New playable classes, not just renamed versions of previous characters.
    • Athena (From Secret Armory of General Knoxx BL1 DLC)
    • Wilhelm (Hyperion engineer, first boss from BL2)
    • Nisha the Lawbringer (Sheriff of Lynchwood from BL2)
    • Claptrap (The Fragtrap)
  • Full featured, stand-alone game. Not mini spin-off or DLC
  • Work as Handsome Jack's employees
  • Takes place on the moon
  • New moon physics (Low gravity)
  • New resource to manage, O2, used for game changing abilities
    • Double jumps
    • Air boosts
    • Meteoric ground-pounds
  • New gear slot - The O2, or "Oz", pack. Adds special abilities to your ground-pound, similar to how grenade mods work
  • New cryo element that lets you freeze enemies solid
  • Lasers are now a discreet weapon type

Videos

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Video Preview

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel HANDS-ON! Gameplay

Screen shots

JrAvAFEs.jpg qgjA4Dxs.jpg MFSWIOGs.jpg UcsOgOKs.jpg QJ5jHB1s.jpg UFziQcZs.jpg
  • Like 2

I got enough of it. :s

Don't get me wrong the Borderlands games are great but I think they get more than a little repetitive.

I'm with you on that. I was a big BL1 fan and played all its content through and through. So of course I was excited when the second game was announced.

For some reason though, not sure if it was BL fatigue or what, I couldn't for the life of me finish any of the DLC after completing the base game. Some of my friends were still going strong, but I couldn't bear picking the game back up.

With this new game, I doubt I'll play it anytime soon. But hey it's cool they're still making more BL for the fans. Hopefully the game will receive a positive reception from gamers and avoid the stigma that plagued Arkham Origins when it was released.

• Like 1

I'm sure I'll be getting it.  The only part that I really dislike of the BL series is the spending hours farming gear, otherwise its enjoyable enough for me to play as all the characters, DLC.  Especially with coop it can be quite fun and humorous with dialog.

I could say that there are games out there which are much more repetitive than Borderlands but lest not really get into an argument, just my opinion.

• Like 1

I'll probably pick it up at some point, but if it's still behind the tech curve I'm much less interested.

Same engine as BL2.  Thought that looked pretty obvious?  (Also why they're only shipping on the old consoles) + PC.

I will wait to preorder it until they say if theres preorder specials otherwise ill get it on steam.

I got enough of it.  :s

Don't get me wrong the Borderlands games are great but I think they get more than a little repetitive.

Same here, loved BL, what an awesome memory, then BL2 started off great but got old...the difficulty spikes, endlessly re-spawning baddies, the intentionally awkward save system...and it's no Bioshock or Dark Souls, it's a huge game, so backtracking all those distances really became a chore. Never finished it. However, will be getting this pre-sequel as it seems to have some interesting mechanics, like the low gravity and lack of air. Might be a recipe for disaster or could be great - with Gearbox you really can't tell anymore, especially when they start farming out development.

• Like 1

Thought that looked pretty obvious?

Yeah, I'm just not a fan of making assumptions before the info is available.  And I'm really not interested enough to look at the shots and videos yet.

I loved both Borderlands so far. Played through both of them many times including the DLCs getting several characters to their max levels. I will admit I didn't play through BL2 quite as many times as I did with BL1, but I still enjoyed it thoroughly. It's just a lot bigger than BL1. This one seems to be in the middle somewhere which should be great. Hopefully this gets the same kind of treatment BL2 did with extra content, especially the new characters (I loved Gaige and Krieg!).

One thing is for sure. I'm going to have a hard time choosing between playing this and Destiny this Fall...

No next gen release is incredibly stupid - Even a simple 1080p upscale would be enough.

Makes sense to me that it's only last gen consoles. That's where the bigger install base is, and thus more money.

Makes sense to me that it's only last gen consoles. That's where the bigger install base is, and thus more money.

Second Son managed to sell over 1m copies in 9 days to 6m install base. Don't forget during the 1st year of a release starved "next gen" console the hardcore will mop up any release they can. I don't think anyone is saying skip last gen but more so there should be current gen copies as well, even if slightly sloppy ports.

Great opportunity as well for Borderlands to be the first must buy co-op game on the PS4 and XB1 as well.

Yeah, I would love for it to come to next gen consoles too, but I guess I kept my 360 connected for this very reason.

I loved both Borderlands so far. Played through both of them many times including the DLCs getting several characters to their max levels. I will admit I didn't play through BL2 quite as many times as I did with BL1, but I still enjoyed it thoroughly. It's just a lot bigger than BL1. This one seems to be in the middle somewhere which should be great. Hopefully this gets the same kind of treatment BL2 did with extra content, especially the new characters (I loved Gaige and Krieg!).

One thing is for sure. I'm going to have a hard time choosing between playing this and Destiny this Fall...

Why have to choose? Play both!

As for not being on PS4 and X1...i call BS. We all know better.

Why have to choose? Play both!

As for not being on PS4 and X1...i call BS. We all know better.

I will, but I can't physically play them both at the same time :P

• Like 1

Can't argue with more Borderlands. Both Borderlands games are still the games i've played most on my Steam list.

I still haven't even finished all the DLC on Borderlands 2.

With more Tiny Tina, I hope.

As much as I love Borderlands (it's a lot), it's unlikely I get this unless they bring it to the next gen consoles.

You'll be waiting a loooong time, the Xbox Next/PS5 aren't due for some time yet ;) :rofl: (not a typo). I agree though, seems retarded to release it on last gen hardware. X1/PS4 are current gen consoles now, get with the times and start supporting them devs!!

I'm looking forward to this game :happy: and will be getting it on PC (have the other two on PC as well, currently playing through Borderlands 2 and loving every minute of it). I'm still on last gen with the consoles (still rocking my X360/PS3 consoles). Plan to get a X1 hopefully sometime this year and a PS4 some time after that.

• 1 month later...

Looks good as long as they don't do something retarded like add micro-transactions/free to play

360/PS3 version ran at 25/30fps at best. 20fps during hectic moments. To me it felt like a game that was straining last gen hardware. I got it on PC, but it still ran less than ideally due to it being optimised for Nvidia.

360/PS3 version ran at 25/30fps at best. 20fps during hectic moments. To me it felt like a game that was straining last gen hardware. I got it on PC, but it still ran less than ideally due to it being optimised for Nvidia.

Hmmm, looks like no choice but to get it on PC from Steam this time, as it's not for PS4/X1 anyway. Might as well, the differences will be minor and Borderlands is really more of a gameplay experience than a graphics showcase.