Making PDF from a Word document // How?

I have a master thesis for university - it's like 40 pages - it's all in Word Document

I want to make it look nice, with nice text formatting etc and make it in the end from INDD and export it as a PDF with my own font choices that come out better in INDD

What is the best way to do this? Like set up the page formatting etc?

Thanks

Personally I would do all the thesis and formatting in Word, and then use CutePDF or something similar to convert it to a PDF file. Maybe I'm missing something though as I hadn't heard of the INDD format until this post. What does INDD do for formatting Word documents that Word cannot do itself?

Well, word makes documents look very nice without InDesign, and Word can also save in PDF format without loosing the formatting. You mist be using 2007 or above, I think.

If your used to indesign the formatting tools in word may be tricky to get your head round (to get similar look and feel) but the options are there in word to produce great looking docs.

Og course if you were going to print with this, or it was a very funky looking brochure or something I'd say indesign but for the document you have I would say work is best.

You could even get the document looking how you like and save the theme for use on any other document later on (just use the format options like h1/2/3/4 and make your own, edit whats there then save the theme). Once you have a theme saved it takes seconds to apply it to any word doc in the future.