Thinking of getting a 360. Best deals and what should I know?

Just ordered my 360 :D

In the end I went for an E model. It comes with Halo 4 GOTY and Forza Horizon and a month of Live Gold. I also got Assassin's Creed Heritage Collection, Dead Space and Turtle Beach Ear Force X12 headset. Not the best headset I know but it will do for now :yes:

I plan on picking up Metro Last Night and Dishonoured GOTY in the next week or two as well.

I want to get either CoD Ghosts or Battlefield 4 but I am not sure which one just yet. Need to read up about what the Hardened and Premium editions are exactly to see if it is worth it or not (opinions?).

Cheers all!

Don't write off the cheaper TB headset just yet. My friend has one of the cheaper models and it sounds just as good if not better than some premium models.

And grats on the purchase (Y) We'll see you in 8 months when you've finished that backlog? :P

Don't write off the cheaper TB headset just yet. My friend has one of the cheaper models and it sounds just as good if not better than some premium models.

And grats on the purchase (Y) We'll see you in 8 months when you've finished that backlog? :p

I am 30 now and the hearing is starting to go so not sure if I could tell the difference between the TB or a really expensive pair anyway :P

Not sure which game to start with now haha I think probably Assassin's Creed as I have never played them :)

So it arrived today! Only just got time to set it up this past hour and had a quick play of Halo 4 and Forza Horizon and god damn that controller feels good!!! Seriously it is so much nicer than the Dual Shock 3 for FPS and racing games. The analogue sticks feel so tight and the triggers are a million times better than the Dual Shock 3. So happy with my purchase right now :yes:

I also picked up Ghosts, Dishonored, Metro Last Night and The Orange Box which should arrive tomorrow :D

The X12 sound pretty great too. Super easy to hook up and quality sounds just great for me.

The Xbox setup process is nice and smooth too. I got a Live account but have not redeemed my month of free Gold yet. Will do that tomorrow. My Gamertag is bithush if anyone wants to add me!

Cheers again all for the info and advice. Wish I had picked up a 360 earlier!

• Like 3

God damn I am loving this console! Had the last 3 hours playing a bit of HL2 and then Metro Last Night and HOLY ######! Metro LN is a beautiful game but the 360 controller just handles FPS games so damn well!!! I am serious it is light night and day with the Dual Shock 3. I bought the 360 to play the games I could never enjoy on the PS3 such as all FPS and most 3rd person action/shooters such as Mass Effect and GTA V. I have to say that honestly I have not enjoyed playing on a console this much since the N64. I wish I had got a 360 earlier.

Now on the negative side I have found that video playback quality using the "System Video Player" isn't as good as on the PS3 with the exact same file. That is a bit of a shame but I got the 360 for gaming not movies and it kicks ass for gaming :D

If you haven't got the play and charge kit yet, or if you are looking for something better (charges a lot faster) I highly recommend the quick charge kit.  http://www.xbox.com/en-ca/xbox360/accessories/batterieschargers/xbox360quickchargekit

I originally bought the play and charge kit and realized I was almost always plugged in.  The quick charge kit comes with one battery and along with the one from the play and charge (if you already bought) you can always swap or have two batteries ready to go for co-op.

• Like 2

If you haven't got the play and charge kit yet, or if you are looking for something better (charges a lot faster) I highly recommend the quick charge kit.  http://www.xbox.com/en-ca/xbox360/accessories/batterieschargers/xbox360quickchargekit

I originally bought the play and charge kit and realized I was almost always plugged in.  The quick charge kit comes with one battery and along with the one from the play and charge (if you already bought) you can always swap or have two batteries ready to go for co-op.

Yeah the quick charge kit looks good so will probably pick one up when the included batteries die :) I noticed the 360 E (and maybe other models?) always supplies power to the USB ports so you can leave a controller connected when the console is off and it will charge. That is a lot better than what I am used to with the PS3 which requires the console be on to charge the controller over USB! That was so damn annoying.

Yeah the quick charge kit looks good so will probably pick one up when the included batteries die :) I noticed the 360 E (and maybe other models?) always supplies power to the USB ports so you can leave a controller connected when the console is off and it will charge. That is a lot better than what I am used to with the PS3 which requires the console be on to charge the controller over USB! That was so damn annoying.

Yeah the console enters a low power state mode to charge the controllers and then turns off when the battery is full.

You can also set the console to do this with downloads too.

One problem I have that I am not sure if others have is that using Windows 8.1 and WMP12 it does not "see" the Xbox 360 as a media device to work with "play to". The strange thing is that if I create a Homegroup and enable media sharing I can access my computer via the Xbox 360 System Video app and stream movies just fine it is just the "play to" feature that does not seem to work. Anyone ever use this feature?

Mines has always worked, but I have had a home group setup since Windows 7.

Just disabled then enabled the Play To option on the Xbox and it all works now :D