While Sony Celebrates 'Infamous' Sales, Microsoft/EA Still Quiet About 'Titanfall'

It's pretty obvious back when the exclusivity deal went down EA would of been thinking the XB1 would be the #1 home console 6 months into it's launch, and for Titanfall to probably be owned by nearer 40-50% of XB1 players - Pretty much aiming to be COD. It is the original COD team and the marketing/hype budget for it was astronomical - At E3 a lot of comparisons or questions involving the PS4 were just replied to with have you seen Titanfall?

I still don't think sales are anywhere near bad, of course they're not, but quite clearly well off EA's predictions.

I still don't think sales are anywhere near bad, of course they're not, but quite clearly well off EA's predictions.

Why would EA hold back sales numbers if they were not bad? Being off their estimates but still good would seem to warrant announcement.

Why would EA hold back sales numbers if they were not bad? Being off their estimates but still good would seem to warrant announcement.

Why do you think they're holding back (as opposed to just not releasing numbers)? Just because Sony announced sales figures? Not exactly a good reason.

Why do you think they're holding back (as opposed to just not releasing numbers)? Just because Sony announced sales figures? Not exactly a good reason.

Well if the reason is not poor sales, then I suppose they might want to hold the news for an event or a certain date in order to maximize the effect of that news.

That would just be risky because the downside is that everyone assumes its poor sales.

I never liked the "Well Sony announced this" What do you have to say???

Microsoft announced this, Sony what do you have to say???

I hate the fact, if one company says something, the other one has to automatically say something too....

Drives me nuts.  Just because Ford says something, does that mean that GM has to say something as well???

• Like 3

Well if the reason is not poor sales, then I suppose they might want to hold the news for an event or a certain date in order to maximize the effect of that news.

That would just be risky because the downside is that everyone assumes its poor sales.

Actually my point was more that there's a difference between holding back and just not announcing numbers. Why there is an expectation that EA announces numbers is beyond me and why, when they don't, it automatically means they're holding back is more baffling. I brought up Sony because nobody was talking about EA holding back until Sony announced numbers for a completely different game. Nothing changed there, but all of a sudden MS and/or EA are holding back and therefore must've failed :rolleyes:

Actually my point was more that there's a difference between holding back and just not announcing numbers. Why there is an expectation that EA announces numbers is beyond me and why, when they don't, it automatically means they're holding back is more baffling. I brought up Sony because nobody was talking about EA holding back until Sony announced numbers for a completely different game. Nothing changed there, but all of a sudden MS and/or EA are holding back and therefore must've failed :rolleyes:

Oh ok, well that is different.

Does EA have a history of simply not announcing numbers outside of maybe stockholder events or other 'official' situations?

Oh ok, well that is different.

Does EA have a history of simply not announcing numbers outside of maybe stockholder events or other 'official' situations?

You tell me. If you don't know, your assumption shouldn't be that they're withholding anything.  That I know of, they don't generally make a huge deal out of sales numbers to the public. Most companies really don't for the most part. That's why gamers love NPD day.

• Like 2

All i know is that Titanfall is fully packed and it takes seconds to get into a match no matter when i try, just like with COD and BF. And this includes regions where X1 ISN'T EVEN AVAILABLE. There's tons of people from Asia playing, and i've been talking to them a lot. All imported their X1, as MS makes it very easy and has de facto established global distribution without announcing it. But of course the media just says "Xbox is dead in Asia", 99% of the time by people who've never been outside NA/EU. Ask Japanese gamers and they will tell you a different story, and forget about places like HK, Taiwan, and Singapore. Anyway, these all do not look like symptoms of a failure to me. Quite the opposite.

I'm pretty sure with it being NPD day tomorrow sales data will get released regardless. Well, it won't include digital sales, but that's the same for any game in the charts these days.