Do I really have to upload to my server every time I want to see changes made in Jquery?

Question

So I am new to Javascript and Jquery and had a lil help setting up and have been doing pretty okay.. But i have been told the onload function doesnt work unless on a server..

This is what im working on: http://portalpacific.net/PortalPacific.co/#

But its very frustrating having to upload something to the ftp every time i make a change to see how the change to the code is working..

Do i really have to upload it every time? Is there NO way to set it up so it works locally.. I make a change.. hit save and view in browser.. no uploading involved?

Thanks for any help! Its making the process very frustrating and much more time consuming!

:)

6 answers to this question

Actually Web Matrix seems to work wonders.. I am falling in love with this program.. It does everything i need and seems really smooth with easy setup.. I am sold..  and problem solved

Thanks guys!

I am liking this WebMatrix program much better than Aptana which i have tried in the past. I do see that web matrix allows you to edit your sites remotely if you use their Azure hosting.. BUT.. Is there any way around that? Can i use my current hosting with Web Matrix and edit it remotely? Or is it ONLY for Azure customers? (which would be kinda lame) or is there a way around it?

-- Edit --

Nevermind. I should of explored more deeply before asking. The answer is yes, you can set it up to work remotely with any web provider that can provide you with the proper .publishsettings file.