Galaxy S5 Thread

So who else has bought a GALAXY S5 and what do you think ?

Ive updated from an Galaxy S2 to the S5 and am more than happy.

It's currently around ?495.

When it reaches ?400, I'll grab one.

It's currently around ?495.

When it reaches ?400, I'll grab one.

Personally I'd wait till the S6. This generation of flagships feel like interim devices before next-gen where they'll probably feature those Snapdragon 810's. The Octocore 64-bit processors. Right now the 801 is basically an overclocked 800. The Galaxy Note 3 benches higher than the Xperia Z2 in some tests.

• Like 1

Personally I'd wait till the S6. This generation of flagships feel like interim devices before next-gen where they'll probably feature those Snapdragon 810's. The Octocore 64-bit processors. Right now the 801 is basically an overclocked 800. The Galaxy Note 3 benches higher than the Xperia Z2 in some tests.

True.

The worst part is Samsung is selling substandard Exynos variant in India. They did the same with Note3. They never sell snapdragon 800 based variants here. The Knox malware means bye bye custom ROMS or warranty.

Has Samsung peaked and now on their way down?

Just had a play with one in Phones4U and it is quite nice. TouchWiz has been changed a lot but it is still pretty crap. I would get one if I could get a Google Play Edition model in the UK. Sadly I cannot and I am far too lazy to bother with a custom ROM. Will stick with the Nexus 5 for now. Best Android experience.

True.

The worst part is Samsung is selling substandard Exynos variant in India. They did the same with Note3. They never sell snapdragon 800 based variants here. The Knox malware means bye bye custom ROMS or warranty.

Has Samsung peaked and now on their way down?

They still make decent phones I think, their Knox rubbish has let them down though with the Note 3 and S5. One of the great things about getting a Samsung phone was you could pretty much count on great developer support for custom ROMS (minus Exynos variants). 

If the Note 4 has Knox or worse in October, I will be looking for a different phablet.

Is there much of a difference between the S4 and S5?

besides more proprietary Samsung features that hardly anyone will use. Not really