Bought BF4 standard edition, do I need to buy each DLC seperately?

I bought the standard edition of Battlefield 4.

Do I need to buy each DLC separately, or can I still get a discount on the DLC somehow? (e.g. a season pass)

The premium season pass (if still available / essentially standard + season pass = premium) should allow you to download the main DLC packs but not the extra stuff that gives you an advantage online without charging you extra.

I already have Standard. If I buy Premium, that comes with the standard game too, yes?

So I've wasted my money buying the Standard edition, oops.

EDIT: Bought a Premium DLC key from Kinguin for ?24.60 :) Not a bad price for 5 DLC. Shame I have to re-download 25 GB :/ (unless the DLC is 25 GB?)

You shouldn't have to re download the base game when you add the DLC. There currently 3 DLC available, not sure if they add up to 25 GB though.

I already have Standard. If I buy Premium, that comes with the standard game too, yes?

So I've wasted my money buying the Standard edition, oops.

EDIT: Bought a Premium DLC key from Kinguin for ?24.60 :) Not a bad price for 5 DLC. Shame I have to re-download 25 GB :/ (unless the DLC is 25 GB?)

No, premium does not include the game...it's just the maps and the battlepacks. So you won't be paying twice for the game. You will however be supporting DICE, masters of the patch.

You will however be supporting DICE, masters of the patch.

I can't tell if this is sarcasm, a remark on how large their patches are in GB, or possibly you are commenting on how much you like their patch work?

If it's the latter of the 3, I have to disagree. Most of their patchwork has been bringing the released game into form to feel like a 1.0 game.

Recently, more and more developers do this type of work and thus it becomes more and more acceptable and normal. (In fact, I'm sure someone will defend it.)

Frankly, I'm sick of pre-ordering a game and receiving a janky beta-ish-1.0-launch. Then, they will slowly fix things over the course of months and act like new features were added or how great they are at listening to their community.

"While we're so slow, how about our 1st expansion has content we finished making before 1.0 released and our 2nd expansion can be old maps that everyone has already played."

BF4 was, and remains to be, a failure.

• Like 2

I can't tell if this is sarcasm, a remark on how large their patches are in GB, or possibly you are commenting on how much you like their patch work?

If it's the latter of the 3, I have to disagree. Most of their patchwork has been bringing the released game into form to feel like a 1.0 game.

Recently, more and more developers do this type of work and thus it becomes more and more acceptable and normal. (In fact, I'm sure someone will defend it.)

Frankly, I'm sick of pre-ordering a game and receiving a janky beta-ish-1.0-launch. Then, they will slowly fix things over the course of months and act like new features were added or how great they are at listening to their community.

"While we're so slow, how about our 1st expansion has content we finished making before 1.0 released and our 2nd expansion can be old maps that everyone has already played."

BF4 was, and remains to be, a failure.

And i thought i could count on my fellow neowinians for understanding :D

That was pure sarcasm...totally with you, as i think most of the community is. Far as i'm concerned DICE stands for Decidedly Incompetent Computer Engineering. BF4 is an unmitigated disaster that i haven't touched in over a month for fear of discovering that my no-grav glitch joke has become reality. I can't even begin to explain how they could have shipped such an incomplete product, should be called Patchfield 4.0 Deluxe. So yeah, definitely sarcasm!

Would strongly suggest against buying the Premium pack. Play the game, see if it works for you, and then buy the map packs a la carte if you really enjoy the game.

Game is plenty playable and has been perfectly playable since shortly after launch, could it have been launched better yeah absolutely. 

as for buying the maps packs a la cart. 2 map packs and you supported them more than by just getting premium. though I don't have premium myself and by now it's not very much worth it to me anymore...

Hahaha sorry Hawk, had to like Order's comment :D

Maybe you're one of the really lucky ones who somehow didn't have any problems with BF4, or maybe it's just the Nordic patriot in you talking :rofl:

Cause dude, that piece of software should be next to the "broken" entry in every dictionary ever published...

Game is plenty playable and has been perfectly playable since shortly after launch, could it have been launched better yeah absolutely. 

as for buying the maps packs a la cart. 2 map packs and you supported them more than by just getting premium. though I don't have premium myself and by now it's not very much worth it to me anymore...

You must be playing a version the rest of aren't because the game has irrefutably got worse with every patch. The latest issue is the "death shield". On top of that, they love to talk up about the changes with a lack of results to back them. The game is pretty much written off at this stage.

• Like 1

From the article you linked to:

"If they weren't aware of it before, DICE have been alerted to the bug's existence. QA lead Jaqub Ajmal explained that they were "looking into it"

I personally would not identify myself as the BF4 QA LEAD. Might be unwise.

As for this death shield glitch, probably them trying to implement some sort of well-intentioned invulnerability so that medics could get a chance to revive friends without getting blown to smithereens. Either that or it's just one more mystery in the nether region we know as...Battlefield 4. That's the sign post up ahead :D

The only issue I really have with the game is cheaters with aimbots. other than that I haven't had any major problems, and even that issue is minimal since I play on a series of Norwegian servers who use active admins and two different anti cheaters technology that's streamed from other servers to detect and ban cheaters. 

so outside of the occasional 50:0 K/D aimbot, I'm playing and enjoying the game just fine. 

The only issue I really have with the game is cheaters with aimbots. other than that I haven't had any major problems, and even that issue is minimal since I play on a series of Norwegian servers who use active admins and two different anti cheaters technology that's streamed from other servers to detect and ban cheaters. 

so outside of the occasional 50:0 K/D aimbot, I'm playing and enjoying the game just fine. 

Yeah the uber-skilled people are annoying. Maybe I need to get back into it, but it seems most servers now have integrated the DLC, and I only bought China Rising with no intention of getting the rest. Perhaps it is time to move on, 70 hours is good enough. Glad it is running smoothly for you, though, that's always a good thing.

The guys I use have at least one server that uses only the main game maps. and it's one of their most trafficked servers, the addon servers get traffic after a new DLC is released but then they go back to the basic servers and some of the other servers in their lineup get changed to basic game servers to.