Microsoft sued over browser miscue that led to $731 million EU fine

Bug my ass.  There's no way they didn't know this didn't happen. It was blatant an any new install of the SP1 slipstreamed ISO.

THIS, what microsoft doesnt product test there ISO images before they push out to public?? Hey i know what about sheet of paper with a list of things it should be doing in a test lab.

THIS, what microsoft doesnt product test there ISO images before they push out to public?? Hey i know what about sheet of paper with a list of things it should be doing in a test lab.

Can't think of an OS or program that's been sent out to the public that was 100% perfect out of the box, some people just get off on the evil corporation thing.  They can't possibly test everything, especially as something as inane as the ballot box.

Can't think of an OS or program that's been sent out to the public that was 100% perfect out of the box, some people just get off on the evil corporation thing.  They can't possibly test everything, especially as something as inane as the ballot box.

Yes this is true, but released to the EU market there would be top 10 things to make sure. its not like its something new.

Yes this is true, but released to the EU market there would be top 10 things to make sure. its not like its something new.

In the bigger picture of ensuring that the thing works for the millions of people who rely on it daily... This wouldn't even make the top 1000. Judging by how little difference it even made in the market share and how long it took for the enforcers to notice, nobody seemed to even care.

Things you're legally bound to do should be the first things you check for compliance.

• Like 1

Things you're legally bound to do should be the first things you check for compliance.

Considering I work for a software firm that has to meet certain legal criteria, this. 100% this.  There is absolutely zero chance this was an accident, and the EU courts agree, as does this shareholder which is why they're suing.

Microsoft knew SP1 broke compliance; they tried to get away with it and got caught.  Not the first thing they've tried to get away with and won't be the last; just like every other big corporation out there.

Well it a fine for not having the ballot screen... What I want to know is, when is the EU courts going to send me my share of the 731 million that they was fined, as I using windows 7 at that time....

Well it a fine for not having the ballot screen... What I want to know is, when is the EU courts going to send me my share of the 731 million that they was fined, as I using windows 7 at that time....

:laugh:

Good point!  I suggest you petition them for it and let us know how it turns out! ;)