ESET antivirus or smart security?

Question

So I'm switching my current antivirus/Internet security.

I want ESET but which is better? ESET antivirus or smart security since it comes with a firewall and some other goodies.

Antivirus is $39.99 a year or $59.99 usd a year.

Smart Security is $59.99 a year or $89.99 for two.

Also are there any hidden coupons anywhere?

It's for windows 8.1

This is probably too late now, but OP you can usually wait and find really good sales on ESET from time to time. I got ESET Smart Security 1yr 1pc license for $15 from a Newegg sale. Smart Security has been working great for me after I learned how to properly set up the Firewall. Firewall learning mode never seemed to learn certain things though. 

Thats what I'm waiting on.  If I find a sale i'll get it instantly.  

Thanks everyone for the responses!! I think their AV alone with the windows firewall should be ok.  I'm going to wait and see if there is a sale for smart security though,  

I have tried webroot and it slows down my web browsing a lot, sometimes even freezing internet explorer, sorry but I pay 80 a month for fast internet speed, cant allow a security software slow me down lol, so I went back to Norton Antivirus, it has had excellent reviews in tests and it doesn't slow me down, that alone with Malwarebytes makes a perfect combination, I would say you still need a firewall, just in case a bad process gets in somehow and starts outbound communications in which case your hardware firewall will not advice you about, I use Windows firewall, light weight and effective.

Ely, when did you try webroot ?  It doesnt slow down anything - so I wonder if maybe it was the pre SA days, (used to be a terrible resource hog)

If it wasnt in last 2-3 years, then we are talking about 2 different products.  I would bet money there is another factor at play... OR you went with the total security all-in-one version which is never a good idea IMO.

OR it might be because the system in your sig is so slow.    :D 

Regardless, we got off track a little from what the OP was talking about - my fault.

Ely, when did you try webroot ?  It doesnt slow down anything - so I wonder if maybe it was the pre SA days, (used to be a terrible resource hog)

If it wasnt in last 2-3 years, then we are talking about 2 different products.  I would bet money there is another factor at play... OR you went with the total security all-in-one version which is never a good idea IMO.

OR it might be because the system in your sig is so slow.    :D

Regardless, we got off track a little from what the OP was talking about - my fault.

Hi there T3X4S, Actually I tried this 3 days ago, and yes, I was trying their whole Total Security All In One version, I didn't know they  had a stand alone AV product, I would have tried that instead, btw for anyone trying to get AVs at great prices check out http://www.antivirussales.com/ totally legitimate, got my Norton there yesterday for just $19.99 as opposed to $49.99 from Symantec directly, I got my digital download e-mail seconds after finishing my order, they send you a link to your account where you can download the product and get your serial.