Seven babies found dead at mother's home in Utah, United States

US police found seven dead infants at their mother's Utah home at the weekend after officers responded to a tip-off.

A woman identified by local media as Megan Huntsman, 39, was arrested early on Sunday (local time) on murder charges.

Pleasant Grove police officers on Saturday had "responded to the residence and observed the body of a newborn infant that appeared to be full term," a statement said.

"A search warrant was obtained for the residence and during the execution of the warrant, officers discovered six additional infant bodies. Each infant was found packaged in separate containers."

Police said the investigation revealed Huntsman had given birth to the infants and then killed them within a 10-year period.

The Salt Lake Tribune said the six packaged infant bodies had been placed in cardboard boxes.

Huntsman's ex-husband tipped off police and is believed to be the father of the infants, according to the newspaper.

Huntsman's three daughters still live in the home, owned by the ex-husband's parents, long-time neighbour Sharon Chipman told the Tribune.

Two older girls are aged 18 to 20, while the youngest is about 13.

Ms Chipman said the ex-husband had been cleaning out the garage on Saturday to prepare to move back into the house.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2014-04-14/seven-babies-found-dead-in-utah-home/5387854

dnPpaoE.jpg

Sometimes, when you look @ the mugshots - you can just see crazy - this is one of those times.

So,

Some one should hire you just because you can tell crazy from a pic?! LOL

With all the crazy shootings and stabbings going on lately, some one needs to help in some way.

Unfortunately sociopaths are quite capable of putting on an a socially acceptable front while being very sick puppies inside. Add to that the ability of some females to hide a pregnancy (obesity, loose clothing etc.) and it can set up things like this. I think this happens a lot more often (everywhere) than we'd like to admit.

So,

With all the crazy shootings and stabbings going on lately, some one needs to help in some way

You know as well as I do there are times when you hear about a crazy crime, thten they show the mugshot - and your first reaction is "Well hell yeah ! look at him !"

There are just some people where you can smell crazy on them... if you cant - I can explain, but I thnk you know what Im talking about.

You know as well as I do there are times when you hear about a crazy crime, thten they show the mugshot - and your first reaction is "Well hell yeah ! look at him !"

There are just some people where you can smell crazy on them... if you cant - I can explain, but I thnk you know what Im talking about.

And that's how misshootings happen .. you hit someone you thought could be a criminal when he is not.. Rings any bells?

Flip it around. Say you saw the picture and then AFTER heard that this woman had been gang-raped. I reckon you would have a different opinion of her. Then it would be fear/terror in those eyes, not crazy. A photo can be interpreted many different ways.

Anyway, I think it's way too early for any of us to making judgments as to what happened in this case, or why. She hasn't been convicted of anything yet.

So,

With all the crazy shootings and stabbings going on lately, some one needs to help in some way.

I'd be glad to help, with a bullet to the ######ing head

Unfortunately sociopaths are quite capable of putting on an a socially acceptable front while being very sick puppies inside. Add to that the ability of some females to hide a pregnancy (obesity, loose clothing etc.) and it can set up things like this. I think this happens a lot more often (everywhere) than we'd like to admit.

Before assuming sociopath, consider that this could be severe post-natal depression.

It's happened before, after all.

Had you seen this woman's picture in a normal situation, not a mugshot, and without knowing what she'd done, it's highly unlikely you'd draw the same conclusion.

Before assuming sociopath, consider that this could be severe post-natal depression.

It's happened before, after all.

You're confusing that with post-partum psychosis. Not the same thing, and it doesn't necessarily offer a criminal defense. This taking place over at least several years is very suspicious.

Had you seen this woman's picture in a normal situation, not a mugshot, and without knowing what she'd done, it's highly unlikely you'd draw the same conclusion.

She has express ticket to Crazyville writ all over her.

Potato Potahto.  You call it one thing, we call it another. My sister suffered from this, and though she never harmed her kids, she DID start to self-harm before we realised and got her some help.

Whatever you might want to call it... I guess she's now tried and convicted based just on a brief news article, huh?

Personally, I think I'll withhold judgement until evidence is presented in court.

And that's how misshootings happen .. you hit someone you thought could be a criminal when he is not.. Rings any bells?

It kinda rings a bell -- something about media bias trying to portray something that wasnt true - Yeah, I think I remember that - something about - media leading mindless masses - yeah, I remember something.  Glad that ended the way it did.

and to all of the other online do-gooders.  I said, when you look @ the mugshots - not when you look @ rape victims.   So glad I can always count on those typical one or two people to totally miss the point, and turn it into an instance of them "showing the other how they are wrong" - you're missing the point.

If you get off your moral high horse, you know what I am talking about - dont turn this into something its not.

Potato Potahto. You call it one thing, we call it another....

Postpartum psychosis includes manic episodes, delusion, auditory hallucinations etc. Postpartum depression doesn't.

and to all of the other online do-gooders.  I said, when you look @ the mugshots - not when you look @ rape victims.   So glad I can always count on those typical one or two people to totally miss the point, and turn it into an instance of them "showing the other how they are wrong" - you're missing the point.

If you get off your moral high horse, you know what I am talking about - dont turn this into something its not.

So anyone that disagrees is now a "do-gooder" huh?

Well, I'd rather be a do-gooder than hang an innocent, pal; especially based on something as ephemeral and subjective as looks.

As for this woman, whether she's a murderer or just a very sick person, NO one can decide based on one short story.  In such a case, the correct route is always the cautious one.  Investigate and examine, then decide.

In either case, the most important thing is that she's been taken into custody where she can eventually either receive the punishment she deserves, or the help she needs.

She's now charged with several murders over almost 20 years. Technically, that makes her a serial killer (3 or more murders over >1 month with "down time" between.)

Well, we shall see.  I never said she -wasn't- a murderer, merely that it's possible she's just sick.

In fact, to kill babies, you pretty much -have- to be very sick...

• Like 1

"Sick" enough to be a serial killer doesn't mean not criminally responsible in the US.

In a few states they may have a shot at a "Guilty But Insane" verdict and spend their life in an institution for the criminally insane, but in the vast majority of cases they'll spend life in a supermax solitary cell or get the needle.