Photo

Upgrade from on-board audio on a laptop?

Answered Go to the full post

• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#16 T3X4S

T3X4S

Neowinian

• Tech Issues Solved: 3

Posted 15 April 2014 - 16:17

Update: The suggestion to uninstall and reinstall my audio driver worked like a charm! Thank you!

Wow, that was unexpected.  I was reading this thread, thinking the driver stuff was good recommendation, but didnt expect any real difference.  Good for you.

#17 OP winlonghorn

winlonghorn

Neowinian

Posted 15 April 2014 - 17:44

Wow, that was unexpected.  I was reading this thread, thinking the driver stuff was good recommendation, but didnt expect any real difference.  Good for you.

Thank you! I appreciate that a lot. Yeah, it surprised me too. I also uninstalled all of Toshiba's so called audio enhancement software, so that may have played a role as well. I can't pinpoint exactly which solution it was that actually fixed it, but it is fixed and that is all that matters. :)

#18 Reverse Engineer

Reverse Engineer

sausage supper

Posted 18 April 2014 - 18:36

Update: The suggestion to uninstall and reinstall my audio driver worked like a charm! Thank you!

i'm sure you feel the same, but i love it when a simple (especially free) solution can be arrived at.

#19 OP winlonghorn

winlonghorn

Neowinian

Posted 18 April 2014 - 19:19

i'm sure you feel the same, but i love it when a simple (especially free) solution can be arrived at.

Absolutely! It saved me $99 on the sound card I was going to buy for it. I am sure that it would have made the sound even better, but I don't need it that badly at this moment. Thank you again! :)

#20 Auditor

Auditor

Neowinian

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:06

The only horrible sound quality on laptop I find is mainly from Acer. No matter which cheap or expensive laptop you buy, Acer always has very low powered poor quality audio. I had returned one laptop of Acer made after being totally dissatisfied with the audio quality even though rest of it had impressive specs. I found Asus to have much better overall quality in audio and in general build. 

#21 Astra.Xtreme

Astra.Xtreme

Electrical Engineer

• Tech Issues Solved: 5

Posted 21 April 2014 - 02:26

The only horrible sound quality on laptop I find is mainly from Acer. No matter which cheap or expensive laptop you buy, Acer always has very low powered poor quality audio. I had returned one laptop of Acer made after being totally dissatisfied with the audio quality even though rest of it had impressive specs. I found Asus to have much better overall quality in audio and in general build. 

Acer, Dell, and Toshiba are brands to stay away from since they typically make subpar laptops.  They're cheap for a reason. ;)