Windows Phone 8.1 Thread

WP 8.1 Survey  

152 members have voted

1. 1. Are you satisfied overall with the update?

• Yes
    • No give me more features
    • No, undo the changes
    • Don't own a Windows Phone
  2. 2. Will this update make you share Windows Phone more?

• Yes
    • No. I have always been spreading the word
    • No not yet, maybe the next update
    • I don't know

What podcast app are you using? Have you tried others?

I'm using the Microsoft app, but it seems more like a bluetooth problem than a music/podcast app problem. It just happens to occur most of the time when I've been listening to a podcast for a while, it ends, and I switch to a new episode or whatever. It has also happened to me when switching from a podcast that just ended to Pandora though. I guess the two commonalities are bluetooth + podcast app.

Also, it used to happen a lot more frequently when I stored podcasts on the SD card. It happens less frequently now that I changed podcasts to the built-in storage, but does still occur.

EDIT: I've also had a warranty replacement due to screen issues I was having, so it's happened on two different 1520's now.

I'm using the Microsoft app, but it seems more like a bluetooth problem than a music/podcast app problem. It just happens to occur most of the time when I've been listening to a podcast for a while, it ends, and I switch to a new episode or whatever. It has also happened to me when switching from a podcast that just ended to Pandora though. I guess the two commonalities are bluetooth + podcast app.

Also, it used to happen a lot more frequently when I stored podcasts on the SD card. It happens less frequently now that I changed podcasts to the built-in storage, but does still occur.

EDIT: I've also had a warranty replacement due to screen issues I was having, so it's happened on two different 1520's now.

I'd give another podcast app a try. Gotta be worth a shot at this stage.

I have a question....  how can I fix my facebook messenger doesn't show up on my cell phone when  I was away from the computer?   I never get any message from facebook or skype on my cell phone....

I have a question....  how can I fix my facebook messenger doesn't show up on my cell phone when  I was away from the computer?   I never get any message from facebook or skype on my cell phone....

Do you have Battery Saver always enabled? That kills background processes.

Do you have Battery Saver always enabled? That kills background processes.

no, but I still don't get any message from top when I was not using my cell phone. I was playing game on my computer, I don't noticed any message from Facebook on my cell phone.

I like old windows phone 8 is better because I can get any message from Facebook or Skype on my lock screen, but now Windows Phone 8.1 won't show me any message. how can I fix it?  battery saver or what is your suggest? I don't like some of new features in Windows Phone 8.1!  it must be same as Windows 8! I like some features in Windows 8.1 like photo in background of start menu.

I like old windows phone 8 is better because I can get any message from Facebook or Skype on my lock screen, but now Windows Phone 8.1 won't show me any message. how can I fix it?  battery saver or what is your suggest? I don't like some of new features in Windows Phone 8.1!  it must be same as Windows 8! I like some features in Windows 8.1 like photo in background of start menu.

You do it from within the app. In Facebook, go to Settings and you will see Notifications. From here you can turn on toast notifications, which are the notifications you get at the top of your screen when an alert comes in. You can do the same thing with Skype. To enable lock screen notifications go to the global phone settings, select lock screen, and under Choose apps to show quick status you can select Facebook and Skype.

• Like 2

What Stokkolm said.  Just realize that this is a better system since the OS isn't directly tied to the apps.  Think if the OS was tied to MySpace and then everyone migrated to Facebook.  With the new way as new apps appear they can be incorporated into the notifications, contacts, toasts, etc.

are there any tutorial for notification center on Windows phone 8.1 video?  I was trying to set up, and it was so hard ever than old windows phone 8! I was very happy with Windows Phone 8, because I can get any message from Facebook messenger, Skype, and others, then now it is lousy....   I will wait for your answer.

never mind about that my post.   I learned about this new stuff, and I understand that app show up itself when I get message from instant message.   Thanks for your help. (y)

• 3 weeks later...